Hungarian Vizsla Forums banner

Where does your Vizsla sleep?

61 - 80 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Under the covers. All potential Vizsla owners need to be warned about two things: 1. Few vizsla owners own just one V. 2. You will need to buy a king size bed.

·
Registered
155 Posts
RT sleeps on my bed under the covers. ;)

Since 41.6% voted for on the bed and under the covers I thought I would re-post some Vizsla rules I was given (yes given, but that's for another post) my first V.

How long has it taken for some of you to get from rule #5 to #10?

Vizsla Rules:

1. The dog is not allowed in the house.

2. OK, the dog can come into the house but only with certain rules.

3. The dog is allowed in all rooms but has to stay off the furniture.

4. The dog can get on the old furniture.

5. Fine. The dog is allowed on all furniture but is not allowed to sleep with the humans on the bed.

6. OK, the dog is allowed to sleep on the bed but only by invitation.

7. The dog can sleep on the bed whenever it wants but not under the covers.

8. The dog can sleep under the covers by invitation only.

9. The dog can sleep under the covers every night.

10. Humans must ask permission to sleep under the covers with the dog.

11. Rule #1 never works with Vizslas so don't even try it! See how long it takes to get from rule #5 to rule #10. The record so far is....well, I guess I will just let you see for yourself.

What can you do when a Vizsla owns you?

·
Registered
68 Posts
I'd love to let our little girl come into our bed when we get her but hubby's not keen at all mainly for the reason she might wee in the bed!

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Vizsla13 said:
I'd love to let our little girl come into our bed when we get her but hubby's not keen at all mainly for the reason she might wee in the bed!
Wait til potty trained! Miles was allowed at 4 months to come in bed! Never has peed in it.

·
Registered
334 Posts
I voted other as in crate with pen which is in the office directly across the hall from our bedroom. I am insanely jealous of all you guys that have the pups on the bed - my partner won't allow it, however, at this very moment Mr Myownspace and baby Nelly are snuggled up like hamsters on the sofa and I am in bed alone, some compromise!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Kiba and Nina both sleep on the end of the bed. When it is cold though they both find there way under the covers. Kiba normally sits beside the bed tapping me with his long legs to lift the covers :)

·
Registered
293 Posts
When we first got Bella we had a no furniture/bed rule, the furniture lasted about a week before we gave in. We went on holiday at Christmas and Bella was not comfortable being in her crate somewhere that was unfamiliar to her so we let her lie at the bottom of the bed. We came home and she is still at the bottom of the bed and now under the covers ;)
I don't mind, at least I no she is ok and we are all up stairs together. She does not sleep with the boys, that's a rule we have kept to :)

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Log Bed ;)

Front seat of the truck

Boat Cap"
He earned it ;D

never smelled a crate 8)

Attachments

·
Registered
93 Posts
Just a quick respond to Rufus tiberius's Vizsla rules :)

Yes they are melting our heart aren't they?

Miley sleeps wherever I sleep when I was sick and moved out of our bedroom she followed me to the guest room, or sofa, or the floor.
She is literally my shadow as I typing she sleeps behind me :)

Hot and silky..like red velvet. Love love love her

·
Registered
119 Posts
Jenny here. I have a new 12 week old V (Tai ... aka "Honda" aka "baby dog" aka "Pooper") and for the most part he now sleeps with me in bed all night long. I've found I get better sleep this way since, when he's in his crate (which is in the bedroom) he gets fussy at around 11PM and needs to go outside, then again at 2AM. In bed he sleeps like a champ pretty much the whole night through. Only once or twice have I ever had to put him back in his crate at night because he was acting up in bed. He really likes cuddling right by me under the covers and the only negative (If you can call it that) is that he snores and has very vocal dreams at times. ;D

Attachments

·
Registered
119 Posts
Oh, and I was worried about him peeing in bed (or worse!) too, but thankfully I'm a very light sleeper and Tai's always been really good at fussing around to let me know if he needs to go outside in the middle of the night. We're on a pretty strict schedule, though, and he took pretty well too it. :)

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
All top bed sellers sell Potty, Wine name it they protect you" COVERS"" for the Mattress ;)

Covers for most high end beds

Trust me they work :D

she spills some" ;)

lolololol

Rudy never one leak" ;D

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
The first half of the night in her bed at the end of our bed- and then she stands over me until I open up my covers for her- then she curls in nice and tight at my belly! Shes pretty obedient if I say go back to your bed but a while later she will just be at it again- MASSIVE Vizsla trait- needs to be in your bed under the covers!!!

·
Registered
15 Posts
We finally let Laika have our yellow sofa chair in the living room. That's her favorite spot now! Oh and let's not forget OUR bed-when I leave to work in the morning :eek:.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Same as Shyla... I could put Foxy in her own bed, and cover her completely with her blanket and she was good for a couple of hours, then...WHUMP she was on my bed staring at me and crying... until I lift the comforter and let her dash in and PLOP on me and curl in to a ball at my stomach. I Loved it, that great sigh of contentment she always breathed... so warm and soft, and smooth. I just loved it!
I would wake up and she would be under the cover, on her back with her fore legs straight up in the air...the bed looked like a tent, I just guess she was warm. so funny, she was always sticking her legs up, another trait?

61 - 80 of 108 Posts