Hungarian Vizsla Forums banner

Where does your Vizsla sleep?

81 - 100 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
lilyloo said:
I already voted and replied earlier, but I think this photo is a better explanation!
That is a beautiful photo of the both of you. Both gorgeous specimens of the breed :)

Yes, I've already replied to this one.... mine play with me, work with me and sleep with me. The guy I hunted with last weekend who has trained Australian national championship winning gun dogs actually commented on the strong bond that the three of us have. He was really impressed with what he saw. I credit part of this bond to our sleeping arrangements........ we are a team in all ways........ :)

Astro likes the bottom of the bed with his head on my ankles (Brilliant for my polyarthralgia) and Zsa Zsa likes to lay next to me with her head on my shoulder (Also very therapeutic for my illness). Last night though, they swapped positions until 3am when Astro got up to go for a wee. Then Zsa Zsa jumped in her rightful spot!!! :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ours sleeps in what I call his Pita Bed which looks like this:
http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=3307+1+20938&pcatid=20938

We figured out very early on that Duke is temp sensitive, sometimes he's hot sometimes he's cold and he whines and bops you in the face with his nose because he is uncomfortable. Then i discovered this bed and now i sleep through the night without a Vizsla laying on top of my chest whining cause he is not comfy.

If he is cold he'll go all the way to the back to stay warm, when he is warm he'll move closer to the opening or lay on top of the bed. Best money i ever spent.

·
Registered
161 Posts
OMG, how can you all not sleep with them? Especially as puppies, is there anything frankly more delicious than sleeping with a puppy Vizsla?

Under the covers, usually back to back....

·
Registered
942 Posts
Dijon and Schnoozer(cats) get locked out of our bedroom but know the minute we open our eyes and are like the most annoying alarm clocks! They don't let up until my husband feeds them. I can't imagine having Dharma in there too! We only have a queen size bed and we value our sleep. Plus my husband sweats so bad some nights that I need to get away from him. Will have to wait and see what Dharma will bring to our sleeping arrangements when she gets here in July.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Haven't posted in a long while..crazy year working & going to school, but spending every available waking and sleeping moment with my V.

Delta's 14 months now and she's the best, goofiest, loveable dog anyone could ever ask for :) She loves to sleep in our bed, especially to burrow under the covers. I have so many funny pictures of her, but I've attached a typical day for her after I've gone to work.

Attachments

·
Registered
39 Posts
I have only had August for 4 days now and he is sleeping under my arm in bed, makes it easy for me to know when he needs to go potty in the night. I have a feeling that it might get "interesting" when I get married one day. :-\

My future wife will just have to love him like I do already 8)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Our adopted 9 year old male initially beds down on its own rug next to our bed and moves to its kennel around the corner sometime during the night. We have no idea when he moves.

·
Registered
401 Posts
When Ellie was a baby we let her sleep in the bed until she really got comfortable with the crate during the daytime naps. It also made it easier to know when she had to go out. She mostly slept on my head or with her head on my neck, so I did not get much sleep! She now sleeps in her crate at night right next to the bed, but I put her in the bed with me early in the morning while I check email, etc on my Kindle. She goes straight under the covers and curls up behind my knees :).

·
Registered
942 Posts
I can actually now update my previous post. Dharma sleeps in her crate in the rec room at night. That is not to say that she doesn't get cuddle time in our bed though. She also crashes on her dog beds, the floor, in our laundry basket of clean clothes, under our bed(until she gets too big), or on my husband's chest on the sofa. I guess it depends on where we are. Hey have you seen Dharma lately?

·
Registered
993 Posts
Cash and Penny are 63 and 60 pounds and they both still like to sleep under the bed. They crawl under there and will take their toys and wrestle and then fall asleep - if Dharma likes to sleep under the bed now, I bet she always will. ;)

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
New amendment applicable in our household:

Boy's sleeping arrangements are automatically be upgraded to first class (in bed with us), if he has a nightmare. Otherwise, he sleeps in the crate with the door open.

81 - 100 of 108 Posts