Hungarian Vizsla Forums banner

Where does your Vizsla sleep?

101 - 108 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Sadie's routine was to sleep on the sofa most of the night but then come into the bedroom and curl up in her dog bed early in the morning. Exception was for Thunderstorms where she either wedged between us in bed or burrowed under clothes pile as far into my closet as she could get.

·
Administrator
4,267 Posts
Ruby sleeps on her dog mat in our bedroom now, she used to sleep downstairs in the kitchen on her bed.
then Elvis came along...both sleep downstairs on the sofa these days.

·
Administrator
8,425 Posts
Both the girls sleep in crates.
June is such a bed hog, she only sleeps with when my husband is out if town. If I get a nap during the day, she's in my bed.
Shine just won't settle in the bed. She thinks about it, but then decides it must be play time. Put her in her crate, and she goes straight to sleep.
Ranger used to sleep in our bed. Before him Cash slept with us.
Years ago Cash, June, and Lucy would nap with me. I would be surrounded by red dogs.

·
Registered
944 Posts
Bende sleeps in the master-bed, Miksa in a crate next to the bed. Miksa would come to the bed for snuggle, but ones he gets sleepy, he goes to the crate. It may change later on, if so, he will be welcomed to stay on the bed too.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Our vizsla sleeps either under the covers or on top in our king size bed (lucky dog). He likes to sleep in a little ball up against you or sometimes I'll wake up and he will be sleeping like a human on his side, covered up, and head on the pillow LOL

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just moved my 7 month old V to her crate in my room at nights. Otherwise she body slams me and swims all over the bed under the covers all night long and I get no rest. But I’m also working on being more “alpha” in our relationship and this is just another situation that I’m altering, for now. Finally, because of Covid, she’s hardly ever home alone or crated so I want her to start to feel more comfortable inside it.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Our two V's sleep on our king size bed. BUT my wife and I are seriously considering getting them on their own beds on the floor so we can get back to normal sleep and more room. They are definitely become somewhat of an issue with quality of sleep, etc.

Following along so we can have options and/or advice on what to do and how to handle the transition.

101 - 108 of 108 Posts