Hungarian Vizsla Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had a little Vizsla girl that I have been fostering since the end of January. This weekend she will go to her forever family and I know that even though I will miss her, she will have a great life with an active family and a 13 yr old boy of her very own.

This has been such a rewarding experience for me. I encourage everyone on this forum to please consider volunteering as a Vizsla rescue foster family. It is not a long term comittment and you get the knowledge that you have helped one of these amazing dogs find the home that will love them for the rest of their lives.

In the USA you can contact VCA for information on rescue in your area.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Bless you, Mom! I'm afraid if we fostered we would wind up with too many dogs. I don't think we could let them go.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Gunnr--Thanks...wanted to tell you, I always enjoy your posts. You have alot of really good information to share..I used your suggestions on leash training and it really helped. Reba pays so much more attention to me when we are in the field now.

Big Rick--that is the biggest problem for rescue organizations. Sometimes the foster dog becomes one of the family and the people cannot bear the thought of giving them up. I have tried to stay detatched but I know that I will shed a few tears (maybe more than a few) tomorrow. I have to remind myself that if I kept her, what happens when another rescue dog needs to be fostered, I wouldn't be able to help because I don't have the room.

Lisa--I have written a little "Zoe Info" paper and have included this site, I can hope that I will get updates from time to time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts