Hungarian Vizsla Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's gone 2 am. I'm on duty... our Vizsla pup starts crying on her second night home. She's eleven weeks old.

I run into the living room, wearing nothing but my smalls... I'm greeted by Vesper, demented with delight that she's not been abandoned. A flurry of paws and I'm on my knees. She rolls over, I tickle her belly, she takes herself back to the open-door crate and within seconds is SNORING.

OK, could be worse...

...only it is. I'm BLEEDING from the front and back of my right leg. WTF? I didn't feel a thing. She didn't nip me at all, rather raked me with her paws?

Still bleary, I stumble back to our bedroom and flick on the lights.

"WTF!" my girlfriend definitely doesn't yell at me.
"Where's the first-aid kit?" says I... we're bikers, so we have such things, even before the virus hit the UK.
"Why do you need a.... oh my GOD, did she..?"
"Yes darling! Now, pretty please, when we puppy-proofed the flat WHERE DID WE PUT THE FIRST AID KIT?"

Cut to: 12 hours later...

"Shall we try and make lunch, or shall we address the claw issue?"

Me... "Find me the biggest file in the flat..."

(Lucy brings me the tiniest file in the flat!)

((Hope you're all staying safe. We've been hugely grateful for this site - didn't expect THIS to be our first post... nor did we expect to have a pup in this crazy virus backdrop... but Vizslas don't stop for the right time, so now, neither do we!))

·
Super Moderator
880 Posts
OMG - she's sleeping through that nail filing!! You are blessed. Be very, very careful to not file too deeply and hurt her - it will ruin her trust in your filing.

Also - the crying in the middle of the night might be alleviated by having her crate in your bedroom. Especially since she's only been with you a couple of days.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Bob,

She wriggled through my first attempt, and I almost randomly attempted it when she slept... I couldn't believe it when she didn't wake, which is why I asked Lucy to film it!

We'll have a chat about the bedroom crate - we're going to need to have a little more sleep and if we can wean her back to the living room then it could work well.

Thanks for coming back on this!

Mark

1 - 4 of 4 Posts