Hungarian Vizsla Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
Willie has three custom crocheted sweaters in masculine colors (navy blue, dark brown, hunter green).

I don't know how to crochet, but my sister does. I did a Google search and found a place that sells crochet patterns for dog sweaters. The patterns explain how to measure your dog for a custom fit. My Sis and I did the measuring together, and then over the course of a few weeks, she made the sweaters. She is SUCH a good sister!!

Willie looks handsome (and special) in his winter sweaters. They are all in a turtleneck style. And I could be imagining this, but in the cold of Winter he really seems to like wearing them. ;D

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
The only place dogs actually sweat from is their paw pads. Also, keep in mind that dogs, just like humans, catch a cold due to a viral infection, not because of cold temperatures.

Winter coats are a nice idea if you dog is waiting in a cold car, and are bound to improve his comfort level. Coats are not really necessary if your dog is out running around and generating lots of body heat. JMO. Boots, however, are a great idea if you dog is running a long distance in cold weather, because dogs can get frost bite, too.

p.s. Imagine the 1,150 mile-long Iditarod race without dog boots. It would be downright inhumane. (It might be inhumane even WITH dog boots.)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts