Hungarian Vizsla Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello everyone! I am excited to find this community. When we lived in California, we worked with the Vizsla Club of Northern California to adopt our first vizsla, a white one named Siena! She was born with a birth defect and was the only one of her litter to come out mostly white. We adopted her when she was 4 and her previous owner had a change in their life circumstances. Siena lived a wonderful long life and passed away in my arms about a year and a half ago a few weeks shy of her 16th birthday. We are finally ready to open our home to another vizsla (any colour!) again, hoping for another adult! It has been hard to find one these last few months, but we know the right v will come along for us at the right time. We are US and Canadian citizens so have been keeping an eye on as many possible sites on both sides of the border. We are willing to travel, so if anyone has any leads, please let us know!

Posting up a few pics of our beloved Siena, right when we first adopted her, with one of her vizsla buddies and a few days before she passed. Her gray fur just blended right in with her white fur as she got older.

·
Super Moderator
895 Posts
In addition to rescue organizations, I would contact breeders in your area. They sometimes get their dogs returned to them. Sometimes as adults. I like this route as the dog's history is pretty well known.

Also, breeders have a network, so you don't have to contact them all - the word goes out about your interest.

Try to be patient - we were looking for 3 or 4 months before we found Daisy. Then Charlie showed up 2 weeks later, so we adopted him too. You can't have just one Vizsla :)

·
Administrator
8,181 Posts
Siena was very beautiful.
I'm sure the perfect pup will come along.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the words of encouragement, Bob and texasred. I will be sure to contact local breeders, great tip. I am optimistic that the right V will come along for us!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts