Hungarian Vizsla Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen a number of resources, including the Wikipedia say Clifford is a vizsla. However, I can not find a quote from the author or a mention of a specific book that says this.

Anybody know what the original source of this is?

Thanks.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
809 Posts
Clifford: Male red dog, whose appearance, disposition, and behavior are based on a giant Vizsla.[1][2][3] Friendly, outgoing and helpful. He sometimes gets into trouble because of his size or is tempted into trouble by his friends and those he meets. Clifford's size, like giants in medieval legends, is inconsistent—he is often shown as being about 15' tall from paws to head, but can appear far larger—in one episode he removes the top of the lighthouse and swims out with it to guide the ferry through the fog to the dock. The character is based on the imaginary friend of creator Norman Bridwell's wife.[4] Clifford's human is Emily Elizabeth, to whom he is devoted.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clifford_the_Big_Red_Dog

·
Registered
582 Posts
Right, the wikipedia article was what bladerunner was referencing, but if you look at the wikipedia refs it doesn't cite the author at all, just other sources, so could be rumor.

·
Registered
809 Posts
OOPS :-[... guess I should have read the whole thing not just skim thru it.

·
Registered
582 Posts
No worries:) --wikipedia is usually my first go-to for finding out about anything, and I'm also a notorious skim-through-thread person.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts