Hungarian Vizsla Forums banner

141 - 143 of 143 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Nash and Anida. I grew up in Utah (Brigham City) lived in Taylorsville while going to graduate school, and moved to MN (Hutchinson-about 1.5 hours from Afton) about 4 years ago. My puppy has been through a MN winter, and spent some time in Utah this summer. It's a small world :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Nash and Anida. I grew up in Utah (Brigham City) lived in Taylorsville while going to graduate school, and moved to MN (Hutchinson-about 1.5 hours from Afton) about 4 years ago. My puppy has been through a MN winter, and spent some time in Utah this summer. It's a small world
Miko how does your dog handle MN winters? Does your dog seem to stay warm enough or do you put a coat and the puppy boots on? We haven't found too many V owners in MN aside from our breeder

·
Registered
231 Posts
Miko how does your dog handle MN winters? Does your dog seem to stay warm enough or do you put a coat and the puppy boots on? We haven't found too many V owners in MN aside from our breeder
As you know, last winter wasn't the worst one we've had. We do have a neoprene vest for him, and some booties (it is hilarious to see him walk in them) But honestly, we hardly used them. He didn't even notice the cold last year when he was playing. He couldn't handle the cold if he was just standing, but he never stopped running. You can't plan on putting him outside for extra long periods during the bitter cold days. He was always up for a game of fetch, even if it was below zero. We just made it short, and dried him off when we came back in.
Sometimes if it was too cold he would stop to pee before he got to his designated "pee spot," but really most of the time it was us that din't want to go outside, not him. :wink

141 - 143 of 143 Posts