Hungarian Vizsla Forums banner

161 - 180 of 207 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
We are so excited with Tucker. Be prepared for everything to change ;)
the last couple days before we picked him up were the worst!

·
Registered
131 Posts
Lazlo!

Attachments

·
Registered
46 Posts
I named my V boy Sequoia. I have named all of my dogs after trees which I love. I know; it's strange, but it works for me.

American Brittanies: Sassafras (RIP) and Hickory
Vizsla: Sequoia

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello guys
I quiet new in this forum. We are searching a name for our newborn.
Guidelines:

• [li]It has to beginn with C[/li]
    [li][/li]

• [li]Has to fit for a female[/li]
    [li][/li]

• [li]has to sound hungarian[/li]
    [li][/li]
Any idea? The winner of that competion wins a BBQ @ our farmhouse in switzerland :)

·
Registered
192 Posts
Csilla \c-silla, cs(il)-la\ as a girl's name is pronounced CHEEL-law. It is of Hungarian origin, and the meaning of Csilla is "star". Not many C Hungarian names to pick from. We are naming our new baby Koda but you could change the K to C and name her Coda :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
My Vizslas names

I have two Vizslas from same mother two different litres - sister 2 1/2 hrs old -Amai , and brother 21mths(almost 2yrs) Senshi and a 3yr old yorkie -Ty.

·
Administrator
4,152 Posts
Lyharr Grouse Shot..aka Elvis is 3 tomorrow,,,weird thing is it would've been Elvis Presley's birthday the day after :)

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
What ever you name your V, Dog... Think it through, because they have a tendency to grow into their name... seriously , it is like Providence!!

Happy Birthday to you MR. Lyharr Grouse Shot... You are Truely an Elvis!!

·
Registered
41 Posts
I'm just wondering what everyones V's are named. ;D I don't have my Vizsla yet and it'll probably be quite some time until I'm able to get her (or him, though I'm really wanting a girl). I've made a list of names I like, but haven't decided on anything (& probably won't until I'm able to meet her/him!) I will, however, share my other dogs names :p

Harleigh - 18 month old Black Labrador Retriever
Rebel - 3 year old American Pit Bull Terrier (he's my "nephew" :p)

So, whats your Vizslas (and other dogs!) names? :)
Our family has had Vizslas for 50 years but I had my first very own when I came back from 5 years of sailing. I got a male puppy while I was still trying to sale my sailboat and living on it. He loved to boat, marina, dingy, people and, most of all, the ocean. He also let me know that he was in charge so I named him Captain.
Cap makes for a sharp distinct name when used with a command. After I sold the boat got a puppy girl so, to be fair, named her Skipper. Like Cap, Skip is short and snappy.
Since, both have gone to doggy heaven but I have another pair with the same names. These two are" rehomes" and 18 months old now. I also call them my 6,000 miles pups. I picked up Cap in Atlanta, GA and Skip in San Antonio, TX.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I'm a life-long bicycle freak. Started on a banana seat Schwinn, moved over to BMX, then Mountain Bikes, and Road Bikes. In french, the word for bicycle is Velo.

On my way home from the breeder, with the 8 week old pup in the car, my good friend John called. His email address is [email protected]. And I used to call him mellow velo on occasion. I was going to name the pup Victor after my dad, but that darn cute little pup sitting there with great big puppy eyes just did not look like a Victor! So when mellow velo called, guess what went through my mind??

Yup he was called officially Velo. But most of the time he was Mr. V since he was such a gentleman. And when his playful side came out and he started stealing one of my socks as I was putting on the other, or hiding my shoes out in the yard while I was getting ready for work, he was affectionately called Stinky Man.

·
Registered
9 Posts
This is whisky 8 month old Vizsla. Named after a fine drop. Same color coat so the name stuck. Full of energy and work in progress with training.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
60 Posts
I had names listed out for years.

When I found out I was getting a pup from my breeder, I started going back over the list. I ended up adding some names, then deleting some names. I repeated this process a few time until I came to Cash after Johnny Cash. It just stuck. There were names that I figured I would like better because I was originally looking for a hunting oriented name. I also thought my friends/family would like some of the other names better after asking them for their opinions. Cash was chosen the most. Aside from that, when someone would choose another name, I would always go back to Cash. It just stuck with me. So Cash it was!

161 - 180 of 207 Posts