Hungarian Vizsla Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

My Viz eats things that really suprise me, oranges, raspberries, banana, brocoli!

The things he doesn't like are cold prawns (although hot prawns are ok!) water based things such as melon, cucumber and the strangest thing of all CHIPS (fries to our american friends)!! How crazy, the smell of lovely fish and chips and he just spits them out!! ::)

Anyway, fascinated to hear some of your Viz's food rejects!

·
Registered
599 Posts
His food. Other than that, I'm convinced he will eat anything.

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
Willie rejects almost every kind of vegetable. Oh, he'll gnaw on a baby carrot if there is nothing else around, but it's obviously not his favorite thing. In his defense, he is (after all) a carnivore.

·
Registered
9 Posts
My V is a nut when it comes to eating! She loves fruits and veggies.... Emma LOVES carrots sticks. There are some things that she will attempt to eat when she shouldn't (like an orange peel) but she stops when she takes a bite. I have always been amazed at her eating. Our breeder said that V's can be hard to train if they aren't interested in food....So glad that wasn't the case.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Osha will eat anything including her dog food. We've had to train her to do a down/stay when it's time to eat because she loves her food so much.

She will eat any vegetable you give her which is good for low calorie training :D

She also loves to eat weird things we're not accustomed to seeing dogs enjoy: hot sauce, limes, olives, lettuce.... but her two favourites so far are blueberries and tuna.

Tuna makes her go insane!

One time she stole a hot pepper when it fell on the ground but of course that didn't end up turning out well for any of us :S

I suppose the only thing that I could say she has no interest in is soda water. In fact, if you put a glass of it anywhere in her vicinity she will give it a very suspicious look and turn the other way. Hilarious.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Snickers will eat mostly anything except for his flea/tick and heart worm pill that he needs to take every month. Even when we hide the pill in cheese, meat, ice cream...he'll eat the food and then spit the pill out.
Peanut and Snickers don't eat bananas, BUT will snack on the rabbit poop in the yard...

·
Registered
595 Posts
tiggers said:
Tigger adores bananas but wont eat them if they are slightly bruised !!!!!! Posh or what ??!!
hahahhaha
I'm the same way... I like em a little green

Mischa will eat anything but lemons.

·
Registered
307 Posts
So far its just red leaf lettuce.they will try...spit it out and try again.not going down my throat they say.............

·
Registered
11 Posts
oh oh oh I got one, his poop. At least that is the case now, not so much when he was a 2-4 month puppy. Thankfully he has grown out of that. Oh some other things he has not ate yet; furniture, wife's shoe collection, my wool socks, the cat and luckily for us nothing out of the recycling bin. :eek:

·
Registered
157 Posts
Scout is very unfamiliar with people food, so when he gets some he is never quite sure what to do with it. He'll play with it a bit and then often he'll just leave it and not eat it.

He does however love to eat kleenex ::)

1 - 20 of 34 Posts