Hungarian Vizsla Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Administrator
4,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just getting geared up for the annual autumn run of salmon, will be getting my rod out at the weekend and will be fishing every weekend till end of October. What hobbies do you have?

·
Registered
157 Posts
Get ready to hold back your excitement........I make greeting cards. Kind of boring, but I get to zone out. I also play the piano (not as much as I would like to though)

My kids are dragging me down :p. I can't wait until they are both in school fulltime and I can get back to my life.

ETA: Just thought I would be shameless and put my blog on here. Its boring, all about cards, but just in case someone wanted to know what I was talking about. I haven't really done much with it lately, but it is what it is

http://lexyscardblog.blogspot.com/

·
Registered
307 Posts
my favorite is breathing.but when i am not doing that i am patiently waiting until i get to do it again.oh yes and being out side with the land that the good lord gave us

·
Registered
2,717 Posts
Hill hiking with my two Vizslas, Pointing Breed Field Trials, Hunt tests, up-land bird hunting with my Vizslas.

Did I say I like doing things with my dogs?

Or taking our motorhome for a long weekend at some place along a river or lake.

http://redbirddog.blogspot.com/2011/09/walking-in-wild.html

Living in the part of California, anything can be bought for a price. If you can afford it, you can find it.
Then again, a walk in the hills on a bright cool summer morning with my Vizslas is priceless.

I can not buy this feeling. I can not write a post on this blog to convey the feeling by the time we are done with a two hour walk in these hills.
No two walks are the same. Priceless.

RBD

·
Registered
202 Posts
I grow orchids and my husband and I attend car shows with our 1963 Ford Falcon Sprint. We also spend alot of time at our lake property with our kids and the V and Weim. :)

·
Registered
639 Posts
Knitting! I don't get to do as much of it now with Jasper, especially since he's rather enamored of yarn balls. Plus I tend not to knit in the summer because it's hot and there's so much going on. I'm thinking of knitting him a sweater for the cold winter, though!

·
Administrator
4,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
redbirddog said:
Hill hiking with my two Vizslas, Pointing Breed Field Trials, Hunt tests, up-land bird hunting with my Vizslas.

Did I say I like doing things with my dogs?

Or taking our motorhome for a long weekend at some place along a river or lake.

http://redbirddog.blogspot.com/2011/09/walking-in-wild.html

Living in the part of California, anything can be bought for a price. If you can afford it, you can find it.
Then again, a walk in the hills on a bright cool summer morning with my Vizslas is priceless.

I can not buy this feeling. I can not write a post on this blog to convey the feeling by the time we are done with a two hour walk in these hills.
No two walks are the same. Priceless.

RBD
oh yes, that too!! apart from we take a caravan, spent only 3 weekends at home this summer :D

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
I play classical music on my piano... not very well, but good enough to please myself! I don't perform for anyone else. :D

·
Registered
91 Posts
So much walking I can't even tell you. Actually, this forum is probably the only one that does get how much walking I do - rain, hot, cold, snow or whatever the conditions.

Luckily I have a great friend to walk with every single day.

Other than walking - trout fishing, guitar, bbq, and a new interest as of this week in carpentry. Trying to make shop bench this fall that will help with all the projects around the house.

·
Registered
599 Posts
I run. A lot. I run and run and run. I'm probably going to hit 70 miles this week. Training for a marathon in October, hoping to qualify for Boston in 2013.

Also go boating a lot in the summer. Running takes up a lot of time though, so I don't need many other hobbies!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Well besides walking quite a bit and running. I am also into carpentry... I am currently finishing a dresser for my bedroom (to match the bed I did about 4 years ago).

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
I did sailboarding (windsurfing) and road biking every summer and cross country skiing (skating style) in winter. Used my mountain bike this year because Sam likes it.
Not sure how Sam is going to handle winters in Canada but I don't intend to keep him inside even if I have to buy him a dorky sweater and boots :p

·
Registered
582 Posts
I make jewelry. Rosie loves to come up while I'm working and try to steal my baggies with beads or other materials in them...

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
Linescreamer, you have a nice-looking boy, and I love his tee-shirt -- "I'm not trying to be difficult, It comes naturally"!! HA!

Copper has good taste. I'm sure Willie would also love caviar!

My Dad used to fish year round. Since his passing, I don't get nearly as much delicious, fresh fish. :'(

1 - 18 of 18 Posts