Hungarian Vizsla Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday my husband and I walked along the Malvern Hills. In my haste to get out the door and make the most of the fabulous weather I quickly filled both of my jacket pockets with Fish4dogs fish skin treats forgetting to put them inside a plastic bag, as I usually do. Well, my husband thought it was hilarious! We hadnt even left the car park before I had dogs circling me! All the way up the hills at one stage or another, dogs would run up and circle me, some of them more blatant than others. I spent most of my time talking to other dog owners about Fish4dogs fishy treats and extolling the virtues of these natural, pungent skins. By the time we got to the summit, my pockets were empty !
It was a lovely day and very informative when people told us what they carried around in their pockets for their dogs !! What do you carry around in yours?? :)

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
I always carry a couple of poop bags and a couple of "Wet Noses" dog treats. Willie seems to prefer pooping in his own back yard, but I bring the bags just in case. Mostly, when Willie is out for a walk, he doesn't care about treats. He's too busy reading his "pee-mail". Ha, Ha!

·
Registered
278 Posts
I have poo-bags and treats (dried liver treats sometimes loose in my pocket but if its wet food then in a zip lock bag but yes other dogs often run up and sniff my pockets - esp labradors for some reason......). Also toy or a ball and usually a clicker.

Oh and in winter, a small torch. Which I know strictly speaking isn't for the dog, but if it weren't for him i wouldn't be wandering around in the dark.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I usually have a clicker, a few stray Charlie Bears that no one likes that much, Tiny Tots treats, two spare kennel leads wadded up, and something I took out of the puppy's mouth bc she doesnt know "leave it" quite yet at ten weeks old.

·
Registered
436 Posts
We are poop bags and clickers in our house. We used to have treats but now have a lap bag for that since obedience classes. It is easier to access them that way during class.
Ljilly28,
We are working on "leave it" in class now. The trainer had us put a treat under our foot. When the dog would go for it, you state "Leave it." When they look up at you for instruction, you click and feed. Then once they got that, we dropped the treat to the floor and stated, "Leave it." We are now working on this command on our own outside since Holley loves to pick up everything on the ground. When she looks up and ignores the item, we pay with a treat. Seems to be going well. Good luck

1 - 5 of 5 Posts