Hungarian Vizsla Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ruby is 10 weeks old now and her eyes are still really light. I posted a pic that shows the color pretty well. They appear to becoming greener every day. Her dad has green eyes and her mom has the typical V eyes that match the coat. I am hoping Ruby keeps the green, even though it isn't the standard. I just think they're so pretty!

What color eyes does your Vizsla have? What age do they stop changing color?

Attachments

·
Registered
766 Posts
Elza's got this beautiful shade of dark gold. I love it! She had blue when she was small.

I think the standard is that their nose has to be almost the same colour as their fur and their eyes a shade darker than their fur.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Sadie had greenish eyes when she was a pup. Now they match her hair color.

The other thing that happened as she got older was her coat darkened up. We have a red wire haired dachshund and she was lighter than him when we got her, now she is much darker - more true copper color.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Flynn had beautiful baby blue eyes as a pup and then they went through an amber stage. At age 7 they are now a deep, soulful brown.

Luna had beautiful deep blue/purple eyes as a pup. My mother-in-law said they were violet. Now, at one they are a pretty light amber. I'm assuming they too will get darker as she gets older.

·
Administrator
4,156 Posts
Rubes had blue as a young pup

then coat matched eyes as she grew

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
When Darcy was a pup last year her eyes were a lovely shade of blue. Now at 17months they are a brown/bronze colour. But its when she shows the whites of her eye she looks like she means business..bless her..

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Riley's eyes started out a beautiful green/grey color, then went vibrant gold, and now they are the characteristic shade that matches her fur. It was fun to watch them change. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
3,243 Posts
PIKE started out the color of a DEVIL with a Blue dress on - now at 4yrs they match his coat - I belive it is the color of SATAN's agent sent 2 torment me LOL

·
Registered
914 Posts
I don't think my two ever had a noticeable change in their eye color.... or am I missing it? ??? I don't see a difference between puppy and now...well Pacsi is still 7-mo old puppy. I think their eyes have always matched their coats.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
So here is a question for the knowlegeable amongst us..... I understand that puppies start out with blue eyes and then about 8 weeks begin to change to the colour of their coats. The other month Boris met up with his breeder and litter sister and the breeder was saying the blue ring on the outer rim of the eye would eventual disappear. To be perfectly honest I hadn't even noticed it - at what age does this blue outer ring disappear????

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
HM, for the life of me I can't remember when Astro and Ozkar's eyes changed and the ring disappeared. What i can say, is that I get very mixed reactions to my dogs eyes from people who are not V educated. some just adore them and others say they look evil ???? To those who say that, I always let them know it's because they are a "Hunting Dog" :) :) :) :) vicious killers those Hungarian dogs!! :) :) ;)

Personally, it was just an added bonus to have such beautiful and unusual eyes. I'm not sure how people can consider them evil looking. I think they are just deep gold pools of love and affection!

·
Registered
835 Posts
Dozers eyes were the "right" color when I picked him at 9 weeks. After this post I looked at penny's last night and although still green on the outter edge they are now golden towards the center. But I've read it can take up two years for them to change.

·
Administrator
7,920 Posts
My dog eyes all match their coat. They went from blue to green. Then the color they are now. Its camouflage for hunting.

·
Administrator
4,156 Posts
I wonder how many other members have checked their dogs eyes over the last 24 hours lol! I've just checked Ruby's and she has a very thin dark brown ring around the perimeter of her iris.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts