Hungarian Vizsla Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been told by several people that there a group of Vizsla owners that often walk together in the York Regional forests.

I walk twice a day with my 2 Vizslas in several of the forests and I have been trying to get in touch with this group but have had absolutely no luck.

If anyone knows how I can get in touch with these people please let me know.

Baylee

·
Registered
1 Posts
Baylee,

I used to bump into them quite a bit in the Eldridge Trail but they seem to have disappeared for the last 5 or 6 months. It certainly is a treat when a large pack of them is together.

Diva's Dad

·
Registered
134 Posts
I can have your names added to the email list :)

We haven't been out as a large group since the start of the snow - but my husband and I were talking about it recently that it would be nice to get the group together again.

·
Registered
595 Posts
It's been a busy year for us and the rest of the group so it's been tough to get a good turnout.

We're free this Sunday morning if anyone wants to get the dogs together. The pond at the end of McCowan would be a good spot.

·
Registered
134 Posts
we could do Sunday morning, what time? our V doesn't like water ...so ponds don't matter much to him ;-)

·
Registered
595 Posts
Moose said:
we could do Sunday morning, what time? our V doesn't like water ...so ponds don't matter much to him ;-)
Judging by the email responses, it looks like next weekend works for a few more people.
I think we'll head up to Aurora next weekend.

See you then!

·
Registered
134 Posts
I was just coming here to say the same :) Next Sunday- but I suggested an early time of 8:30am - that way we beat some of the heat, and it gives people ample time to plan their day afterwards. We are leaving for Windsor after the walk.

·
Registered
595 Posts
I doubt you'll have much luck convincing everyone of that... lol

I'm usually up before the sun, but it's a pretty lonely time of day! Everything is closed, but at least Mischa likes to hang with me at that hour. ;D

-Dennis

·
Registered
134 Posts
hahahaha yes I was thinking the same. Moose isn't up at that hour usually- he's a late riser ::) but I have kids who wake me before 7am DAILY!! ick. lol

Turns out we can't make it even at 8:30 because of our timing for Windsor to pick up our daughter. I can walk this Sunday morning though- if anyone wanted to join me for an impromtu Vizsla romp [maybe some of the York Region locals? ]

·
Registered
134 Posts
We're getting together again this Saturday at 10am. email me [email protected] if you'd like to be in on the conversation and planning :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If you are walking in the Vivian Forests, please send us an e-mail at [email protected]

We recently lost our 11 1/2 year old Vizsla but have an almost 2 year old that requires lots of exercise and is missing her older sister.

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
Very sorry about your loss :'(
In the short 1.5 years we had Sam, we came to realize how special a bond these dogs forge with their human friends.

We frequently stop by the Eldred King Woodlands entrance during the week on our way back from clients. :)

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
datacan said:
Very sorry about your loss :'(
In the short 1.5 years we had Sam, we came to realize how special a bond these dogs forge with their human friends.

We frequently stop by the Eldred King Woodlands entrance during the week on our way back from clients. :)

Read your post and hugged my two!! :)

·
Registered
85 Posts
Hi There,

We head to Vivian Forest every Saturday and Sunday (late morning/early afternoon)... By all means, PM me if you - or anyone else - would like to arrange a V hookup one of these days!!!

~Sarah

1 - 15 of 15 Posts