Hungarian Vizsla Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a confortable harness for walking my dog, although he is good at heel, he does tend to go ahead of me sometimes, I tried the easy walker, but it rubs just onder his arms, and its not because a wrong size, I had him sized at the pet store i just think it's not the right one for him.
I enjoy the walks more when he is wearing the harness, specially these day that he is always on a leash
Hope everyone is healthy.
MN

·
Registered
31 Posts
You could try old school training with a prong collar. My dog walks perfectly w one. A few times a walk he gets in front of me. I say heel and if he doesn’t I give a yank and the dog obeys. Is it better to yank his prong collar once in a while or have a dog suffocating from pulling the whole walk? The harness collars seem to effect the front legs when walking. Every dog I see at the dog park with one hobbles around with them on

just thought I’d give you a 2nd option to choose from

·
Registered
31 Posts
I use a cat leash. I can drop my leash at anytime and use verbal commands and he will walk for blocks like this. He doesn’t feel the leash or realize I dropped it If you’d like your dog to walk like mine there’s only one way.

I see others walking their dogs. Everyone has the dog leading and pulling. Not mine

·
Registered
252 Posts

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
I've been using this one from Cabela's.

Finn has no issue with it and his gait is just fine, at any speed. He also swims in it. He wears everytime he is in the field because it gives the chest area a little bit more protection from abrasion.
It's very fast fast and easy to put on, once you size it to the dog. It also has another D ring on the chest area.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I'm looking for a confortable harness for walking my dog, although he is good at heel, he does tend to go ahead of me sometimes, I tried the easy walker, but it rubs just onder his arms, and its not because a wrong size, I had him sized at the pet store i just think it's not the right one for him.
I enjoy the walks more when he is wearing the harness, specially these day that he is always on a leash
MN
I use Walk-Your-Dog-With-Love, for my Vizsla. He never pulls, walks wonderfully with it on. I saw another recommend same on here. It is the best.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
We use these: Dog Harnesses | Strong, Secure, Everyday Harnesses for Dogs | Ruffwear. Ruffwear makes really good products for our experience. We use the Front Range model.

And we've been happy with these too from Chai. Chai's Choice Front Range Dog Harness - Chai's Choice Pet Products

Both are front and top range. You can try hooking your V up front range in an attempt to stop pulling. Our female is great on leash walks, but our male is a challenge.
I went on the website, thank you for the recomendation, i really liked them!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
8 Posts
MN
We use these: Dog Harnesses | Strong, Secure, Everyday Harnesses for Dogs | Ruffwear. Ruffwear makes really good products for our experience. We use the Front Range model.

And we've been happy with these too from Chai. Chai's Choice Front Range Dog Harness - Chai's Choice Pet Products

Both are front and top range. You can try hooking your V up front range in an attempt to stop pulling. Our female is great on leash walks, but our male is a challenge.
We use the Chai's Choice collar, leash & harness. My Max is 65 lbs & uses the XL harness. If he gains more weight, the harness will be too snug. The leashes come in 2 legths, short and long.

·
Registered
6 Posts
MN
MN
we are using from Walmart . Works great for our dog

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Why dont you try martingale collar. I like using that more because it is one of those collars that will allow you to take control over your pet during your daily walks or training sessions, not control dog by using any choking technique. And one thing I like about this collar is a collar will have two loops that are connected to each other in order to help you control your pet and prevent them from escaping the collar.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts