Hungarian Vizsla Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi yall!
So my pup Quinn is now 11 months old. We notice around 7 months that she will randomly begin peeing while walking around inside. She is well potty trained and has been tested for UTIs on 4 separate occasions, all of which were negative. When we asked the vet what could be causing the walk and pee, he said it could be anxiety. This could be possible as she primarily does this when she is in a new place, but it still will randomly happen at home or while playing with another dog. Have any of you experienced this? Can anyone offer an insight?

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
When I first got Gunnr she would do that, all of the sudden just start peeing. Took her to the Vet, and same answer, No UTI.Finally I asked the Vet to treat her as if she had a UTI.
Two weeks of Clavamox and it stopped. A few months later, the same thing started happening, and we went back to the Clavamox. After that it stopped for good.
Worse case is that you spend ~$100.00, and she gets two weeks of antibiotics.

·
Registered
734 Posts
if no physical reasons, it could be excitement peeing, have seen it with both of my boys and Miksa`s dam, they outgrew it. when it happened, we just ignored it and switched to calmer games. girls tend to do it longer, spayed ones can also develop incontinence, especially if spaying took place early in their life stage.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts