Hungarian Vizsla Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, this one may not be that unusual for game, but it is for me due to my location. All the pictures are from 2008. I attempted a grand slam on all 4 of Colorado's Grouse that year. Though I did not connect with all 4, I had a great time trying, so not all the pictures will be "with" game. Each lives in such a different habitat and elevation from each other, having a versatile dog was a huge plus. I can't wait to do it again.

Dusky Grouse

·
Registered
809 Posts
John,
You keep posting some great pics and stories... thank you.

These 3 shots are great. I have to admit, 2 & 3 are a fantastic.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you.
That picture of Blaze standing in the golden Ferns at the edge of the Aspens is one of my favorites.

One more from the mountains.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Fiona,

There actually are several brands of hunting dog boots. Texas where I mostly hunt there are so many things that stick or cut you. Grass Burs, Cactus, flint chips, broken glass on lake shores, mesquite thorns, etc. As well other places I hunt such as Kansas and western Oklahoma where grass burs can kill a hunt without dog boots. And in these pictures Colorado Sage Desert where the ground is rock and little cholla cactus is everywhere, hunting a dog is not possible without boots. Fortunately, my V loves to were them.

This one was actually kicked up off the ground and stuck.

And the Grass Burs. On me, but imagine a dozen of these stuck between the toes of a Vizsla.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts