Hungarian Vizsla Forums banner

Vizsla from Hungary

9K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  shancraun 
#1 ·
HI, Anybody have experience with importing a puppy from a proper breeder in Hungary?

#5 ·
As harrigab mentioned, my dog's breeder was Zöldmáli Kennels, but she only breeds wirehairs. It might be worth contacting her anyway, as I believe in the past she's helped out a shorthair breeder who doesn't speak English place a puppy internationally.

I found my breeder through contacts in the US who were familiar with her lines, so I'd recommend a similar approach for you. See if any accomplished breeders in Norway, or anywhere really, are using Hungarian lines. If that doesn't pan out, look through results from dog shows and hunt tests and trace the lineage back. You'll probably notice some names popping up more than others and you can investigate them further on Vizsladatabase.com as well as by checking up on health clearances.

Good luck!

#7 ·
if i was still living in Europe / within driving distance this would be my preferred breeder. they do not ship puppies, one more reason why i like them. they have several you tube videos as well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.