Hungarian Vizsla Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello.

I was discussing this idea with someone and it sounded really good so I thought I should post it and ask if anyone thought I should go ahead.

Basically, a competition where all the members from here can submit a photograph of their Vizsla. After the closing date, all these will be put into a list.

From here, anyone can vote of which Vizsla they think looks the best. Once the vote is closed, the top x vizslas (maybe top 3 or 5) will put in an order by me and other judges (these judges can be active members who's vizslas did not make it to the final, or people who did not enter).

There wont be any prize as such, except for maybe a badge to put in your signature here.

What do people think of this idea? Some problems I can see are it might create too much competition, but I doubt this would happen as it is just for fun and there are no prizes. And also the other thing is vizsls look pretty similar.

Any feedback?

Calum

·
Registered
299 Posts
I love the idea but have a question, should the dog be stacked (a la conformation show) and photographed from the side or should it be candid shots.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
DixiesMom said:
I love the idea but have a question, should the dog be stacked (a la conformation show) and photographed from the side or should it be candid shots.
Thats great. I was thinking that any sort of photo would do, you can take a photo that shows your dog in its best light.

Or it could be one from the side, as that would make them easy to compare, but its very hard to get phoebe to stand still for a photo.

What do you think would be best?

Hopefully if all the feedback is good I can start the competition this weekend and give a week to get photos in.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Calum,

Just a thought, depending on the popularity, perhaps it could be monthly/quarterly contest with varying themes.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
I have 2 pretty little girls, a new Nikon D90, but not a clue how to post photos to the forum. ???

If someone could explain how to post a pic for,the uhmm,... "clueless folks", like me. I'd really appreciate it. :D

·
Registered
104 Posts
Awesome idea - I'm still waiting on my girl "Ziva" - born March 17th St. Patty's Day. This forum has been wonderful and all of the photos make me smile!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Great Idea, gives me a chance to get out and shoot (take photos ;D) chino a little more

Dixiesmum has a great idea with the changing themes.

You could do V's running, in water, going crazy ... hmm that may be every photo :D

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for all the feedback, I will definitely set something up and if it is good then we can do it again like suggested.

I will try and get something done tomorrow, if not then it will be done by the weekend. I will probably make a section in the normal picture gallery especialy for competition photos. That way I can make a thread with all the information and give people a week to upload their photos to that section, and then close the section after the week and make a vote.

Gunnr said:
I have 2 pretty little girls, a new Nikon D90, but not a clue how to post photos to the forum. ???

If someone could explain how to post a pic for,the uhmm,... "clueless folks", like me. I'd really appreciate it. :D
When the competition is open I will put much more details in. You can always upload photos to the gallery at http://www.vizslaforums.com/index.php?action=gallery

However, if you want to add photos to a post then it is more difficult.

First you need to go to either imageshack.us or tinypic.com (doesn't matter which) and then just upload your image on there as usual (there are a range of options). They will then give you a "BB code" or "forum code" that you just have to copy and paste into your post and you photo will appear.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts