Hungarian Vizsla Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, hope everyone is keeping very well through the craziness that has been 2020/21.

I have a bit of a dilemma and am hoping someone may be able to offer some options to pursue.

We've just been left in the lurch for holiday care for our lovely 8 month old boy, Rufus.

We have two weeks from work booked off from 7th August, but as we don't yet have anywhere to go, we could move our leave earlier to fit if anyone had availability.

I've tried all the local-ish options I can find (we're in Guildford) and now looking further afield - don't mind traveling for the right care.

Anyone have any suggestions of anyone/anywhere I could try who might be able to provide Vizsla friendly cover for a week or so of the period running from about 20th July through till about 22nd August (I can move leave forward, but not backward)?

Many thanks
Rob

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi Rob

We are just working through this challenge with our 8month old - maybe the same breeder!!!

We are in the Cotswolds and have visited a few 5* kennels but decided the kennel environment won’t work for Ase

A friend in Guildford swears by this place

Haven’t used myself but his Viz loves it

We are desperately trying to find a home boarding place in the Cotswolds as there will be occasions when we can’t take her with us and want to make sure early on she has a safe (mentally and physical) place to stay - plus I would be devastated if the hard work we have put into getting her to where she is now is lost!!

Good luck with your search - Nina

Hi all, hope everyone is keeping very well through the craziness that has been 2020/21.

I have a bit of a dilemma and am hoping someone may be able to offer some options to pursue.

We've just been left in the lurch for holiday care for our lovely 8 month old boy, Rufus.

We have two weeks from work booked off from 7th August, but as we don't yet have anywhere to go, we could move our leave earlier to fit if anyone had availability.

I've tried all the local-ish options I can find (we're in Guildford) and now looking further afield - don't mind traveling for the right care.

Anyone have any suggestions of anyone/anywhere I could try who might be able to provide Vizsla friendly cover for a week or so of the period running from about 20th July through till about 22nd August (I can move leave forward, but not backward)?

Many thanks
Rob

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Many thanks
Rob
Hi Rob

We are just working through this challenge with our 8month old - maybe the same breeder!!!

We are in the Cotswolds and have visited a few 5* kennels but decided the kennel environment won’t work for Ase

A friend in Guildford swears by this place

Haven’t used myself but his Viz loves it

We are desperately trying to find a home boarding place in the Cotswolds as there will be occasions when we can’t take her with us and want to make sure early on she has a safe (mentally and physical) place to stay - plus I would be devastated if the hard work we have put into getting her to where she is now is lost!!

Good luck with your search - Nina

Thank you so much for the recommendation, Nina. Hugely appreciative of your response.

We have contacted the folk you kindly linked, but alas they are full. We are definitely going to try and meet them however with a view to future coverage.

I think we might now have a solution, with the boy going for a residential training course. Not the cheapest option, but I hope it will be a worthwhile period with him honing some gun dog skills to keep him tired out!
Many thanks
Rob

1 - 3 of 3 Posts