Hungarian Vizsla Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I am soon to be a new Vizsla mum!

I have had dogs before but this breed has such a unique personality, I want to make sure I understand them and the best advice on training. Can anyone recommend a good book?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
1 Posts

I have had dogs before but this breed has such a unique personality, I want to make sure I understand them and the best advice on training. Can anyone recommend a good book?

Thanks in advance
Get the green book from NAVHDA online store and pay more attention to the first few chapters about obedience and training, or thoroughly read the whole book if you're gonna hunt with your dog.

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
The Vizsla by BC Boggs.
It's dated and the pictures are comical by todays standards, but the dog hasn't changed. It's pretty much the standard by which all other Vizsla books are judged.
I don't think it is in print any longer, but used copies can easily be purchased online for under $30.00 US. ( Don't buy the versions that are $500.00 US, and up.)
The NAVDHA Green Book is also a good resource for training.

·
Registered
65 Posts

Thanks in advance

Books that I recommend:

Vizlas A Complete Pet Owners Manual by Chris C Pinney.

Versatile Vizsla by Marion I Coffman.

Easy Peasy Puppy Squeezy by Steve Mann.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts