Hungarian Vizsla Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I’m just curious on the sizes that everyone’s full grown vizslas reached? My Vizsla boy just turned 1 years old 2 weeks ago and he looks like a mini V!!!

He is 46 pounds (he might put another 1-2 pounds on) and he’s shorter than your average Vizsla male. He is a rocket in terms of agility and speed, and outruns some of the other vizslas especially when cornering.

·
Registered
178 Posts
He looks great. Your question reminds me of a funny chance meeting last year in Northumbria, England where we took our larger than normal male Vizsla "Rafa" (30kg) to a beer garden. A young couple came over to us and asked if Rafa was a Vizsla? We said yes and they asked us to follow them back to their table where they too had a male Vizsla called "Arnie", named after the famous actor because they thought he would grow very large, they laughed after they told us his name as Arnie was lovely, but he was by far the smallest Vizsla they or us had ever seen, male or female. There does seem from the posts here a mid range of Vizsla sizes where 90% fall, but at either end of this size spectrum there are some much smaller or bigger dogs. They are all however lovely Vizslas and the smaller ones definitely are faster than our Rafa, who gets frustrated and barks when playing with them as he can't keep up.

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Nothing wrong with a smaller Vizsla at all. Makes it easier to pick them up when needed.
I had two males at one time. Fully grown, Silkcut was 63lbs. and Rush was about the same size as your dog. They were a riot together. Rush was wicked fast also, like your boy. Wow, could he move through the woods!!

·
Registered
76 Posts
I recently saw a very small male vizsla at a car show in town. I was with my behemoth. We were both shocked at each other’s dogs. I wouldn’t mind such a small, manageable pup tbh, tho I do love Samwise as he is. Maybe our second will be small…

1 - 9 of 9 Posts