Hungarian Vizsla Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried uploading a picture to my profile, but I wasen't successful. I chose upload my own picture, located the picture, but there was no upload button; therefore, I just clicked change profile at the bottom of the page. Now all I have is an x in my profile instead of a pic; in addition, I see nowhere to delete it. Can someone help me please? Thanks !!!

·
Registered
809 Posts
If I recall the picture has to be a certain size.
Maybe try resizing it and see if that works.
If not PM Calum and he'll help you out.
Good luck.

·
Registered
416 Posts
I have removed the x from your profile for now.

When you say there is no button, you mean that the button is completely missing?

Does the page look like this? :

You can see the upload button is inside the box next to where you can upload your own photo.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Crazy Kian is right about the avatar size, they are all 65x65 - however it should automatically resize the image if it is too large so I don't think it would cause this.

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you for deleting the x :) No, on my page, there is no button on the inside of the "box" where you get your own photo. I clicked upload my own photo, and there is a browse button on the outside of the "box." I browsed, clicked the file/photo I wanted, and since there is no upload button, I just went to the bottom of the page & hit update profile. So, outside of browsing for my photo, there s no button for uploading. I will have a look again in a moment. I am on the desktop now instead of the lap top that has had a few issues. Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nope. No change on this computer either. Just a button to browse. My page looks like the one posted previously sans an upload button anywhere on the page.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I DO HAVE ONLY BROWNSE BUTTON I UPLOADED THE PIC AND I HAD CROSS, BUT THEN I HAVE RE-SIZED THE PICTURE TO BMP, TRIED AGAIN AND IT WORKED AFTER I UPDATED THE PROFILE, So in my case it was image size to big.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Bmps are usually large files. In the future you can crop (if they're really, really big) and save as a jpeg/jpg Or a gif but you tend to lose a lot of quality with gif.

·
Registered
416 Posts
kellygh said:
Thank you for deleting the x :) No, on my page, there is no button on the inside of the "box" where you get your own photo. I clicked upload my own photo, and there is a browse button on the outside of the "box." I browsed, clicked the file/photo I wanted, and since there is no upload button, I just went to the bottom of the page & hit update profile. So, outside of browsing for my photo, there s no button for uploading. I will have a look again in a moment. I am on the desktop now instead of the lap top that has had a few issues. Thanks for the help!
Ok the browse button turns out to be my computer doing that, in my other browser it puts the button outside the box.

Have you tried browsing for the file and then double clicking it? You are saying once you have found the file that you can't actually select it since there is no upload button?

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I am saying I can click on the file/pic I want with the browse button. That picture file will appear in the box, but then there is no upload button to click. Once the picture file is in the box, next to upload my own photo, the only other button to push is the update profile at the bottom of the page. Make sense? I'm not always good at describing. I cropped the picture, but I will try using an image that is even smaller. Thanks for all the assistance :)

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
BTW, I was able to upload a picture in a post. There was no upload button there either,but I just clicked the post button, and the picture did come up.

·
Registered
416 Posts
kellygh said:
I am saying I can click on the file/pic I want with the browse button. That picture file will appear in the box, but then there is no upload button to click. Once the picture file is in the box, next to upload my own photo, the only other button to push is the update profile at the bottom of the page. Make sense? I'm not always good at describing. I cropped the picture, but I will try using an image that is even smaller. Thanks for all the assistance :)
That is right, once you have browsed and selected the photo you need to go down and update your profile.

The error with the cross might have been a temporary thing, have you tried it again?

If it still doesn't work I will have a look to see if there is a problem with it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts