Hungarian Vizsla Forums banner

41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
712 Posts
some vizslas are rather on the smaller side, i would not be worried about it too much, as long as within the standard. if anything he will probably fill out more and may even add to tallness, only mother nature can tell that. as long as happy and healthy, you should be all set:)

·
Registered
2 Posts
some vizslas are rather on the smaller side, i would not be worried about it too much, as long as within the standard. if anything he will probably fill out more and may even add to tallness, only mother nature can tell that. as long as happy and healthy, you should be all set:)
ty Gabica...

·
Registered
70 Posts
Rafa my male Vizsla is now definitely filling out, his ribs are much less visible than a month ago.

His diet has changed from just kibbles to kibbles plus a wet food chicken (45%) and vegetable topper each time as he was getting very bored of kibbles on their own.

Each day he is eating 3 x 150g toppers and 3 x 200g kibbles in total.

He will be 1 year old in 4 weeks time!

12 weeks 9.4 kg (19 lbs)
16 weeks 12.5 kg (25 lbs)
20 weeks 16.9 kg (37 lbs)
24 weeks 21.0 kg (46 lbs)
28 weeks 22.5 kg (50 lbs)
32 weeks 23.0 kg (51 lbs)
36 weeks 23.5 kg (52 lbs)
40 weeks 25.4 kg (56 lbs)
44 weeks 25.8 kg (57 lbs)
48 weeks 27.0 kg (60 lbs)

Attachments

·
Registered
70 Posts
Juno is pretty small, at 5+ months, she's at 28 pounds.
I had intended to reply to this earlier, but today a chance encounter with another Vizsla reminded me.

As others have said in this thread as long as Juno is happy and healthy and within the normal range for male/female Vizslas then all should be well.

My 17 month old boy Rafa is at the very top range for size and weight for a male Vizsla, he is massive. Today we encountered an 11 year old female Vizsla who was the smallest Vizsla we have ever seen, she was beautiful, but very petite when stood next to Rafa who completely dwarfed her. All other Vizslas we have seen have been quite a bit bigger than her.

Rafa only filled out properly in the last month or so, before then he was all tall legs and long ears and too ribby.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all, I'm new to this forum and a new Vizsla mum �� Lily is the sweetest little pup but I feel she's very little. I'm looking and reading lots and she shows up much lighter than everything I'm finding. She's a week off 6 months old and weighing in at 11.3kg which is 24lbs I think.

Everything I'm finding is putting her underweight by 8lbs plus? What's everyone's thoughts? She's had all of her vet checks and everything fine but I'm just a little baffled that everything I'm reading tells me she's very underweight 🙈

Advice much appreciated ☺

·
Administrator
7,999 Posts
Jane
As long as she doesn't look to skinny, I wouldn't worry about it. My youngest Vizsla weights under 40lbs, and she will be two years old next month.
Bone structure, and height, has a lot to do with total weight. It just makes since that a heavier bone structured dog, would weigh more than one with a smaller frame.

·
Registered
81 Posts
our male is 45 lbs. 3 1/2 years

Our recent adoption female is 33Lbs/ 15 months old. Probably will gain another pound or two. She is a petite little girl.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Our male is currently around 49.5 pounds, at a little over 7 months old. Last month I think he was about 5 pounds lighter.

41 - 53 of 53 Posts