Hungarian Vizsla Forums banner

41 - 42 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
National Forest/Preserves have areas that you can hunt with dogs on certain dates. Hunt clubs can also reserve dates for training, and events.
Texas is known a pay to play state, as most as land is privately owned.
You either own the property, or you pay to lease it for hunting/training.

I hunt my dogs a lot, and have lived in the this state my entire life.
For years we paid thousands of dollars on leases. The last 8 years, I've been given permission to run, and hunt my dogs on private property, without paying for it. Although we do help mow, build duck blinds, and whatever else is asked of us.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
I started uniting in the 60's when all you had to do was be polite, respectful of property and animals and ask farmers for permission and share some of the meat of big game. I used to hunt pheasants and deer out of a little town in eastern PA called Emmaus in the Lehigh valley. There where always dozens of Pheasants on the front yards of the houses. 10 birds was the limit. I hunted Grouse in New Hampshire and Vermont and bear and moose in Maine. You could hunt bear in Maine all year around, no limit and with a small game licence. I always carry bailing wire to repair broken fences and a few six packs to leave at the farmhouse upon departure. Never paid a dime. Those were the days my friend......Glad you found a way of hunting in Texas without have to pay..

41 - 42 of 42 Posts