Hungarian Vizsla Forums banner

1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that the weather is getting nice out and it seems as though there are new members on this forum, I was just curious if you would like to meet up some time to have the dogs go for a run.

Myself, treetops and Lisa get together every so often. Some of the places we have been to are the Forks of the Credit Conservation area and one of the York Region forests in Aurora..... both of them are heaven for the dogs.

Let us know who would be interested and when. We usually get together saturdays or sundays in the morning.
If you can think of any other place, please feel free to post up your suggestion.

Hope to see you around.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Re: Toronto and GTA Vizlas and your owners

We get our puppy in end of July - once she's got all her shots I would love to meet up with other's in the area!

·
Registered
85 Posts

I don't have a place recommendation, but I want to express my interest in meeting up! Hally and I live in North York and don't know any other Vizsla's...I can imagine it would be a blast to see a pack in action! :)

·
Registered
595 Posts

Count Mischa and myself in!

I've never been to any of the forests in Aurora. Would be curious to check it out.

·
Registered
195 Posts

This is great. I didn't know we had so many GTA members on the board. You can count Catan in.

...unless Catan has to have surgery or be re-stricted to his crate. We are going to have the x-rays done to figure out what is going on with his leg. Just have to work out the timing...and the money.

In the mean time we have pain killers for forest romps. So we're in.

Kimm992-Where are you gettin your puppy from?

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Are the meds for you or Catan ;D
Glad to know he can still come out to play.... Kian misses getting body checked by his big buddy.

·
Registered
5 Posts

Hi there. I am new to the forum - just registered and saw your "Toronto" post. I live in Brampton and have a 9 month old V girl. I've been researching the best age to get her spayed. I saw one discussion regarding the topic, but it was a couple of years old. Any advice for me?

I would also love to get together with other V owners.

·
Registered
186 Posts

Very cool - count Rio and I in!

Is this right ... do I count 7 Vizsla's possibly getting together for a GTA V Meet-Up :eek:

Kian
Mischa
Hally
Luna
Rio
Catan
and a 9 month girl from Brampton

·
Registered
186 Posts

Here are the directions for Sunday's meet-up in Aurora at 1:00pm

The Hall tract-

Hwy 404 North to Aurora Rd. exit
East on Aurora Rd. to McCowan
North to 15681 McCowan on the right side there is a york region white sign and a parking lot
Once on McCowan, there will be a salvage yard on your right, it comes up pretty quick - the parking lot is just after it.

http://yorkexplorer.york.ca/yorkexplorer/pdf/Trail40.pdf

Map and pics of the Hall tract

http://www.everytrail.com/view_trip.php?trip_id=445752

The forecast

http://www.theweathernetwork.com/weather/CAON0029

·
Registered
51 Posts

You guys have a great time and post some pictures please. I'm jealous, wish there were some V's in the Dallas area.

·
Registered
595 Posts

That was a really cool meet guys!

Mischa slept most of the drive home, but she's wide awake now...lol I'm sure it'll be a nice quiet night though.

Can't wait to see all the pics. ;D

-Dennis

·
Registered
9 Posts

although it called for thunderstorms, we ended up with the perfect weather, and the dogs had an absolute blast! they ranged from 3 months to 1.5 years and got along terrifically...oh and the humans had a pretty good time too :p

here are some pictures. i apologize in advance - the only pic with all 5 of them was of their behinds & out of focus. anyway, here are some highlights:

Luna & Cedar

Rio, the oldest of the bunch at 1.5 years

Mischa, the youngest at 3 months (and most energetic...she was still ready to play after 2 hours of romping)

From L to R: Cedar, Luna, Kian and Mischa

Luna and Mischa

Kian (who didn't just eat the horse poo like the rest of them - no - he had to roll in it)

...and last but not least, Luna and Mischa wrestling!

thanks for a great time everyone - enjoy your peaceful evenings & can't wait to do it again!

·
Registered
186 Posts

Great dogs, great weather, great conversation, great time!

Can't wait to do it again!

Rio is knocked out cold :D

·
Registered
595 Posts

Hey Guys,

We had a really amazing time today!! Mischa passed out in her crate on the way home and I think she peed in her sleep from all that water she was lapping up! Oh puppydom... Anyway, we gave her a nice bath when we got home (how was Kian's??? Lol) and she is knocked out again.

Thanks for posting the pics so quickly. Can't wait to do it again!

-Janice

·
Registered
186 Posts

awwwww they look so peaceful when they sleep.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

Hello all,
Yes, today was a good day....even if Kian decided to roll around in horse poop ::)
It was a pleasure meeting all of you, cannot wait to get together for the next one. Hopefully with more dogs.
Mischa was the star of the day though, she got stepped on, put on her back a dozen times and tried to keep up with the big kids....she was a trooper. She'll probably sleep til Tuesday ;D

Here are the few pics that my camera actually took, something was not working right with my camera for some reason.

Once I get the videos edited I will post them up too, but that will not be for a while.

Luna gets Mischa

Mischa pins Luna

Rio in the lead, Kian, following his big buddy, Cedar and Luna not too far behind....Mischa, in the line of fire.

Hey guys and gals, wait for me!!!!!!!

·
Registered
195 Posts

Looks like you guys had a great time. Can't believe Catan and I missed the fun. Hopefully we'll be good for the next one.

·
Registered
595 Posts

Mischa's still sleeping guys... Should I be concerned???

Oops! Woke her up...

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

Just a heads up to other Toronto and GTA V owners.
We are meeting up this weekend again.

Date: Sunday May 16
Time: 10:30 am
Where: Hall Tract - York Region Conservation

Directions -

The Hall tract-

Hwy 404 North to Aurora Rd. exit
East on Aurora Rd. to McCowan
North to 15681 McCowan on the right side there is a york region white sign and a parking lot
Once on McCowan, there will be a salvage yard on your right, it comes up pretty quick - the parking lot is just after it.

Hope you can make it.

1 - 20 of 85 Posts