Hungarian Vizsla Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finn turned two last week. He’s still a little bit hardheaded, and very opinionated, but nothing has changed since he got here 2 years ago.
Here’s the boy now, waiting for hunting season to start.
Dog Plant Carnivore Dog breed Liver

We had a lot of fun when he was "littler". Still have a lof of fun now that he's grown a bit.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Finn looks great and i'm sure he's a good boy. There's that "serious V" face. I'm always joking that Ellie looks so serious at times. She then turns into a goofball the next second.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
His “serious face” is actually him deciding if he’s going to listen to me, or make me prove to him I can enforce the “request”. It’s kind of like having Gunnr back at times. :rolleyes:
He cracks me up sometimes. I always tell him, “ my way is the easy way”, but he’s still got other ideas of his own.😉

·
Administrator
8,878 Posts
He is very pretty, and nicely built.

·
Registered
12 Posts
It's great to be able to put a face to the dog I have read about (and learnt a lot from!) in your very helpful replies to others on this forum. He's a lovely looking dog, and very solid as others have said - Good luck in the hunting season!

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you for the compliments on Finn's appearance. He's come a long way from the 9lbs at 9 weeks old, he was at when we got him. He used to stress me out just to get him to eat.
He's about 52lbs and 24" to the withers. Pretty much right in the middle of the standard. He's actually only started developing his breadth of chest in the past few months. I think he might get another 2-3lbs. of solid weight and that will be it for him. I didn't get him into the ponds and lakes as much as I wanted to this past summer. That exercise really works a dogs shoulders and chest.
Finn is not perfect by any stretch of the imagination. He can be very difficult at times, but when he gets into a field of birds and the guns start going off, he's a whole different dog. He just changes.
We still have a ton of stuff we will be working on this season and into the early winter. He's got a big dose of quail, chukar, and pheasant, lined up It's going to be fun.

·
Registered
15 Posts
He must like accessories with all the multiple collars...ha ha :). Good looking dog! I'm looking forward to hunting season as well...a Murphy-free and husband-free weekend!:ROFLMAO:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts