Hungarian Vizsla Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody!
Looking for a bit of advice me and the wife are looking for a dog, we live in a rural area MILES of fields surrounding I go for a 6k run at least 5days a week and would have no issue upping this to suit the exercise needs of a Vizla. We have a 4 y/o from what I have read this shouldn’t be an issue. We love going on long walks. My main concern is leaving him/her alone my wife works part time (mon, tue, wed) Leaves at 7:30 home for 4:30ish. I come and go depending on how close i am to home will pop back for lunch i leave at 7ish and can be back as early as 3, but mostly back same time as my wife. So basically for 3 days a week it would be left alone for 7/8 hours. I don’t want a sad doggy :( so is this do-able? Maybe if we could arrange a dog walker half way through for an hour or so to break it up. Or would people strongly advise against?? I would hate to bring one to the family home to find them getting separation anxiety

Cheers guys

·
Registered
690 Posts
Dog walker / sitter works out well in my household. At the beginning u may need her/him a bit more often, puppies usually cannot hold it that long. Also they need to eat at least 3 meals a day for a while. Equally they need a lot of sleep. So if u can put your pup on a schedule, it is doable in my experience.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts