Hungarian Vizsla Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I had Finn out last week and he got kind of tore up in some stubble and briars. I did too, so no worries. I think I got the worst of it.
Anyway, I found his chest protectors from last year and figured I would just unalter them to fit this year.
Last year they were too big and needed to be altered. This year, one of them is to small and will need new web straps sewn in, If I want to use it.
The other now fits him better, and I need to undo the alterations I made last year.
In a year his chest circumference increased about 5” and his neck about 2”. His belly is pretty much the same. He’s much deeper through the chest, and shoulders.
He didn’t look like he changed much to me, but apparently he did.

· Registered
Ellie
620 Posts
They are deceiving in how they grow. It seems instead of growing evenly over time, different proportions will grow and fill faster than others, before the rest catches up. We recently called Ellie "fat" at around 2 years old after noticing we don't see ribs any longer. Her chest has "barreled" out slightly more with a thin layer of padding over her ribs. We joke as she's nowhere near fat. At least we don't need to worry about the uneducated thinking we're starving our dog so much that "you can see her ribs".

1 - 4 of 4 Posts