Hungarian Vizsla Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

Just to say thanks to all members for posting, reading, replying, uploading pictures, referring friends and everything else. In the last few months we have grown quite a large amount.

Vizslas aren't the most well know breed of dog, so obviously we will never be a massive forum, but now with well over 300 posts, 200 pictures and many members coming on and posting each day we are getting more and more active.

So just to say thanks for helping make this forum so successful and hopefully it continues to be so.

And a merry Christmas and happy New Year to everyone here as well.

Calum

·
Registered
33 Posts
Thank you, as a future V owner, for providing a place for this information to be exchanged. It is comforting to know that there is the support and wisdom of this forum's members available. This is a testament to your vision.

Happy Holidays,

T

·
Registered
220 Posts
Hi Calum,

A while ago you were thinking of changing the forum software as the functionality or size may be a problem as it grows. Is this still the case?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Calum,
Just wanted to take a moment to thank you for starting this interesting, productive and entertaining website. I'm sure I speak for everyone here
when I say having a Vizsla is life altering and just knowing there is a place to come to to pose questions, view other V's, exchange ideas and solutions and just for plain old emtional support when you are questioning your own V issues.

To Calum and all those VIZSLA lovers out there around the world,
May the Holiday Season bring you peace and joy and a New Year filled with laughter and love with your beautiful RED DOG!

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bounce, thank you and cheers for joining. I would highly recommend a vizsla, you will get loads of help here and they are great dogs.

madaboutvizslas, yes I was thinking of transfering to the vBulletin or Inivison forum software. vBulletin is under new ownership and the new owners are going downhill with support and bugs, so I will stay clear.

A move to Invision is still possible, but the later versions of SMF (which we run now) are very stable and since it is expensive, I decided to wait until we had over 5000 posts and maybe 750 members until thinking about a move. If there is any major, or small problems, with the current forum then it is possible for me to make changes to this software myself to make thigs better.

Islander, Cheers, and again thank you for posting I hope you have a great holiday time :)

·
Registered
324 Posts
Calum, a special thanks to you for allowing those of us in the Colonies to join, enjoy and obtain gobs of information about the Vs.

This forum has grown a lot since I joined in April of this year. I used to see new posts only once a day but now I see new ones multiple times during the day.

Thanks,
Rick

1 - 6 of 6 Posts