Hungarian Vizsla Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked the possibly coldest weekend to finish Bende`s JH. Nevertheless we have had lots of fun. He had a female GSP yesterday and a male GSP today as a brace-mate. The great addition is that the female was already honoring yesterday (not a requirement at this level) and so did Bende today, figuring that it may be a good idea:). yeah. He also produced a 2 minute long point today, as i was on the other end of the field when he found a quail on the other end. Miksa was there to socialize too and he had lots of fun too.

Attachments

·
Administrator
7,920 Posts
Congratulations to you, and Bende.
Did you notice any difference in the dogs ability to find birds, once the high winds started on Saturday?

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
thank you, lots of fun.
yes, they had to zigzag a lot, as the wind was very misleading. they still found lots of birds, but the hunting style was very different. Bende was clearly cold as well, as he was not holding very long points, just flushed them and moved to the next.

·
Administrator
7,920 Posts
It disperses a lot of the scent, and harder for the dogs to pinpoint the actual location, and distance.
Not uncommon for a dog to take a extra step, or two under those conditions. And possibly on accident, flush the bird.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i bet, i cannot even imagine how they were still doing so well. well i guess, it is hard to imagine since compared to them my nose is just a useless attachment on my face:)

this is a beautiful sport, i am glad that me as non-hunter got into it. hoping to learn more and more and help my babies succeed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts