Hungarian Vizsla Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello friends 👋. I scoured this forum and others for a secure solution for traveling my Vizsla pup (Albus) in my Model Y. I found a few posts on the MIMsafe Variocage but wanted an alternative. I’m very pleased with the outcome (photos below)! Hope this helps other pup/Model Y owners.

I am using the ‘RuffLand Kennel Right Side Door Intermediate’, secured with standard ratchet straps (tethered to the left and right rear seat anchors), with a pet protector underneath. The weight of the kennel and the anchor straps make it so the kennel does not budge at all.

The Intermediate-sized kennel peaks above the back seat, but because of the angle of the trunk, it does not obstruct my view through the rear view mirror.

Links to product pages below.

Kennel:

Ratchet straps:

Seat Protector:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Definitely like the quality and options available on those Ruffland kennels. Do you have any guidance on size of Ruffland kennel appropriate for particular ages of V?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Definitely like the quality and options available on those Ruffland kennels. Do you have any guidance on size of Ruffland kennel appropriate for particular ages of V?
Lovejoy43, I debated the same question. My pup Albus is only 5 months (~30 lbs), so he can “fit” into most sizes right now. I wanted to make sure the kennel is suitable for him when he is fully grown. Our breeder also uses RuffLand kennels when traveling her V’s and recommended the Intermediate size for Albus. We expect him to be ~60-65 lbs when grown. For safety, I like that the kennel will be snug from left to right and front to back when he’s grown but is still fairly tall for him to sit up. I also like that this version of the kennel has two doors. I believe you can customize the kennels anyway you’d like directly from RuffLand, however, the LLBean page I linked above was the best deal I could find (and only available in Intermediate for the 2 door), and offered free shipping. I’m very pleased with the setup overall. I am attaching two photos for size references, one of Albus coming out of the RuffLand and one of him in a 30” standard crate.

I will update the forum on sizing as Albus grows.

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Lovejoy43, I debated the same question. My pup Albus is only 5 months (~30 lbs), so he can “fit” into most sizes right now. I wanted to make sure the kennel is suitable for him when he is fully grown. Our breeder also uses RuffLand kennels when traveling her V’s and recommended the Intermediate size for Albus. We expect him to be ~60-65 lbs when grown. For safety, I like that the kennel will be snug from left to right and front to back when he’s grown but is still fairly tall for him to sit up. I also like that this version of the kennel has two doors. I believe you can customize the kennels anyway you’d like directly from RuffLand, however, the LLBean page I linked above was the best deal I could find (and only available in Intermediate for the 2 door), and offered free shipping. I’m very pleased with the setup overall. I am attaching two photos for size references, one of Albus coming out of the RuffLand and one of him in a 30” standard crate.

I will update the forum on sizing as Albus grows.

Hope this helps! View attachment 103209 View attachment 103210
Thank you so very much for the information.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts