Hungarian Vizsla Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to get Moose a coat for the remainder of the winter- but I found out we've left it too late and should have thought about it in August.. lesson learned. So I ended up getting him a sweater, which he wants to LIVE in, but the seams are pulling and I have it safety pinned temporarily until I can stitch it up wth the machine.

Does your V wear a sweater during the day? What brand, where did you get it? I'm tempted to just make him a few fleece sweaters/jackets by taking this cheap sweater which seems like a piece of garbage [but it's really cute] apart and copying it since it fits well .

toughts?

·
Registered
794 Posts
Pumpkin is not fond of sweaters; however, I do wish I had your sewing skills to consider even making one (clothes for my kids) ;D !!

·
Registered
299 Posts
Reba loves her tummy warmer from www.k9apparel.com but I live in Texas and the only time we use it is if the temp are below 40*. One evening when we were having a arctic front she brought me the jacket and when I put it on her she curled up and went to sleep. One of the cutest things she has ever done.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
wow DixiesMom- the other day Moose was hobbling on 3 feet going out to pee, as it was -30c here! he would rather curl up next to the fire, than lay without warmth.

·
Registered
299 Posts
eeek, just the thought of it being that cold makes me shiver. BRRRRRRRRR

Yeah, I would just cross my legs and sit by the fire rather than going outside to potty.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Thanks Crazy Kian, we live in Seattle, however my in laws in Victoria, BC and we are going for a visit in 2 weeks, and they have a Bark N' Fitz in Victoria so we will definitely check it out!

·
Registered
809 Posts
Doglover, don't get me wrong. Kian has his Chilly dog winter coat for when we go hiking in the forest or if he's out running around in the deep snow. He just uses the sweater when he feels like struttin' his stuff ;D

·
Registered
8 Posts
My dog wears an Equafleece Dog Jumper after shooting especially if she is cold and wet, she loves it... It also helps her to clean off before getting home so that she can go straight in the house when we get home.....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts