Hungarian Vizsla Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, new to the forum. Been looking for a pup and found this breeder with some available. Wondering if anyone know anything about him?

Thanks

·
Administrator
8,103 Posts
I did a few quick google searches on them, and found very little.
I couldn't find their dogs pedigrees. Without those, I could not look up health clearances. They should be willing to give you their dog's registered names, and registration numbers. That way you can go to to the online OFA data base, and look them up. You can also ask your local Vizsla club for information on them, and even for a list of preferred breeders.

·
Registered
29 Posts
When I was looking for a Vizsla, I found them because they're relatively nearby. I talked to Steve Jarvis himself and he was very rude. He wasn't answering any questions, and when I asked him about the health of his dogs and for their health screenings he just said: "You could beat my dogs with a hammer and they'd still get up". I wouldn't buy dogs from him, I don't think he's very trustworthy and he's just in it for the money.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the reply. I came to the same conclusion after a little research. He seems to crank out a litter every couple of months.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hello, new to the forum. Been looking for a pup and found this breeder with some available. Wondering if anyone know anything about him?

Thanks
This breeder is a puppy mill. BUYER BEWARE and AVOID this breeder. Please reach out to one of the two clubs in Colorado for a breeder referral in your region. A list of clubs can be found on the VCA website at www.vcaweb.org.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Spoke with him on the phone. He doesn't do any health testing, cranks out litters constantly, and probably does a ton of repeat litters. He also didn't give the impression of someone who cares about dogs.

If anyone sees this who's thinking about getting a dog from Steve Jarvis, don't. Support reputable, well-intentioned breeders.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
"You could beat my dogs with a hammer and they'd still get up"
Someone actually said that!!!? My god, what is wrong with people? I wouldn't use that descriptor for any breed of dog. Jeezus!!!
Anyone that would make a statement like that, It's really best to avoid them altogether.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts