Hungarian Vizsla Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all!
I am planning to buy a Vizsla puppy. I am located in Southern California. Recommend me some Breeders please! Thank you in advance!

·
Registered
794 Posts
scvizsla.com is the web address to the South Coast Vizsla Club. There are several Vizsla clubs in California. Someone involved with that club should be able to provide you with names of reputable breeders; in addition, most clubs are involved with rescues as well. A rescue may be an option for you; however, if you are a 1st time owner or are set on a puppy, then I would stick with reputable breeders. I'm not from CA, so I don't have any specific names, but a google search may lead you to some names also. Good Luck :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
I will be using her to hunt. He has good hunting lines. That isn't important if you are just looking for a companion. It's if you are looking for a hunting dog and it comes from someone that doesn't breed hunting dogs it becomes a porblem. I have a friend who sent him a deposit a month or two ago, so the pups should be here in the spring? Give him a call. Really nice guy.
760-789-1175

·
Registered
17 Posts

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
carolinej1 said:
If you are getting the dog as a pet (not for hunting), I highly recommend Rusty Dog Ranch.
Our Riley girl is from RDR and she is an excellent little hunter. I know she sells them as pets, but they definitely have strong hunting lineage. :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Talk to Dave at MudBone - that is who my husband said Julie at Rusty Dog Ranch said to go to for hunter dogs (and were going to have a litter sooner than RDR...)

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Miles is from Rusty Dog Ranch as well and he is an excellent hunter. We have never done formal training, but he points and has brought us a few gifts from outside. We hide treats in the house at night and he "hunts" for them to keep him occupied. With real training I bet he would be great.

·
Registered
718 Posts
If you PM me privately I can discuss with you a breeding that took place two weeks ago. Forum ettiquette dictates I not promote this breeding on the site.

Ken

1 - 13 of 13 Posts