Hungarian Vizsla Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all!

We are getting a Vizsla puppy at the beginning of January. He will be nine weeks old. Has anyone used the snuggle buddy sleep toy? And did it work to help your puppy sleep through the night?

thanks!!
Rebecca

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi all!

We are getting a Vizsla puppy at the beginning of January. He will be nine weeks old. Has anyone used the snuggle buddy sleep toy? And did it work to help your puppy sleep through the night?

thanks!!
Rebecca
I used it when we brought our 9 week girl home. It seemed to help, I don't know if it was the perfect solution, but she seemed to get some comfort cuddling up with it. She was pretty attached to it for the first 2 weeks or so, now its treated like just another toy.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi all!

thanks!!
Rebecca
I think they are more gimmicky than actually useful. We got one and our V didn’t really attach to it. Played with it a few times and thought the heartbeat mechanism was kinda scary. She cried the first night but after than she got use to her crate that we lined with towels. I’d reccomend bringing a towel/or blankie to the breeder and rubbing it on the mom to get her scent. That blankie may be more comforting than a toy for sleeping.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi all!

thanks!!
Rebecca
Hi Rebecca,

It worked perfectly for us.
We used to put it in his crate at night and within a few days (maybe a bit longer - the notion of time is a bit blurry with a puppy ) he would go and pick it up himself when it was time to go to bed.
He would take it out of his crate and start cuddling it. At this point we would turn on the “beating heart”, take the puppy out for a quick pee and then put them both in the crate. Our puppy slept quietly throughout the night within a few days after bringing him home. It might be a coincidence but we like to believe the toy helped as well.
At one point he just grew out of it.
Good luck with the puppy! It will be a great adventure.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts