Hungarian Vizsla Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Argo has a slight limp (sometimes) on right front leg. Touched foot, leg, shoulder, back and neck. Took him to vet and they couldn’t find anything wrong. He runs and plays fine but in the house he will sometime raise his leg and it seems like he walks on his tiptoes on that one leg. He can jump, run and play just fine. He’s very active and otherwise very healthy. He holds his head up and he’s very coordinated catching balls or frisbees. Anyone have experience with something like this?

·
Administrator
8,816 Posts
Look for a good chiropractor. Sometimes they just have something out of alignment.

Reactions: Scrappy

·
Registered
352 Posts
As TR says, see a chiropractor but even better see if there is a sports medicine or orthopaedic vet near you.

This sounds like a soft tissue issue and general vets generally aren't the best at diagnosing and treating such injuries.

Look into bicep tendon issues, or shoulder supraspinatus

·
Administrator
8,816 Posts
As TR says, see a chiropractor but even better see if there is a sports medicine or orthopaedic vet near you.

This sounds like a soft tissue issue and general vets generally aren't the best at diagnosing and treating such injuries.

Look into bicep tendon issues, or shoulder supraspinatus
I’m sure it’s different in different areas, and with different vets
I found a great chiropractor, that does a better job on alignments, than any orthopedic vet that I have went too. But I think Doc JACKIE is special. Everyone that competes at a higher level with their dogs in Texas, knows her. Even when Shine went to a sports medicine and rehabilitation center, she still saw the chiropractor too.

I should have mentioned too.
If there’s a chance your dog has been around ticks, or you have found a tick on them.
Have your vet do a test for tickborne disease.

Reactions: Gabica

·
Registered
352 Posts
I’m sure it’s different in different areas, and with different vets
I found a great chiropractor, that does a better job on alignments, than any orthopedic vet that I have went too. But I think Doc JACKIE is special. Everyone that competes at a higher level with their dogs in Texas, knows her. Even when Shine went to a sports medicine and rehabilitation center, she still saw the chiropractor too.

I should have mentioned too.
If there’s a chance your dog has been around ticks, or you have found a tick on them.
Have your vet do a test for tickborne disease.
Similar in our area.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts