Hungarian Vizsla Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
Ziva
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Me again! hello!
Hopefully a simple one that you'll just claim is age related. If not I am all ears.

Ziva sleeps well, mostly, during the day, and is now allowed free reign of the kitchen which has her crate in it, eventually she will take herself off to her bed or crate (usually crate) and fall asleep.
This is great.

but there are 2 pieces of the puzzle missing and they are I think related.

She won't rest/sleep if we are in the same room.

For example, at this very second she is unconcious in her crate after a walk with her Monday dog walker, lunch and some training. However if I walk into the kitchen now, she will wake up and will not settle in her crate/bed unless I leave. Even if I spend 2 hours in there prepping dinner, doing my best to ignore her.

So how do we get it, so that she can/will settle and rest and stay that way even in our company. If she legit doesnt need/want to thats fine, but I promise you, the times shes standing up and swaying because she refuses to settle but is obviously knackered, these are the times I am talking about.

Apart from anything, according to the web cam, she is adorable when asleep and I want some photos!! haha

· Registered
Ellie
620 Posts
I say it will happen when she's ready. It took Ellie to reach 4 months before she self settled with me in the same room, i remember I was working in my office and she laid down all on her own, I even took a photo I was so excited. The only other time she settled was prescribed nap crate time, and evening after 8pm or so when we are on the couch watching TV or relaxing.

· Registered
Ziva
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I bet you took a photo!
Ziva is now 5m and will self settle when shut in the kitchen, but rarely with us. I thought it was begining to happen a montha go, but turns out we were just walking her a bit too much and we dont want an olympic athlete who just needs longer and longer walks.

Guess I will have to wait until it happens. Heres hoping its not too long now! Our trainer reassured us, that its not uncommon for it not to be happening just yet.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts