Hungarian Vizsla Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Vizsla is 7 months and weighs 29 pounds. about 45 mins ago she ate (near as i can tell) about 2.2 oz of coffee beans (unlikely it was any more than that). No signs of panting or other symptoms. How does the forum feel about that much beans?
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
8,182 Posts
I'd put a call into your emergency vet for the best advice. You may still be within the window to induce vomiting. Hope she's okay!
2x

I hope your pup is okay.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,044 Posts
List of toxic human foods to dogs (not exhaustive):

Coffee grounds, chocolate, macadamia nuts, grapes, raisins, mushrooms, garlic, onion, booze... Always induce vomiting ASAP, and call vet ER.

I hope puppers is OK and you called the vet. Usual tx is vomiting and 36 hrs of intravenous fluids to wash the toxins out of the system and protect kidneys and other vital organs.

Note that your dog NOT showing symptoms is not an indication that permanent damage is either not underway or has already happened! Ingestion=Vet call!
 
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Top