Hungarian Vizsla Forums banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
TexasRed said:
Glad you have been able to rule somethings out.
Although not knowing, and trying to do the right thing has to be tough.

One other thing you can look into, although rare in dogs.
http://m.petmd.com/dog/conditions/neurological/c_dg_tetanus
This is what is frustrating. We can't find one disease that explains all of his symptoms. Tetanus could be an option if he breathed in spores. He hasn't had any wounds for as long as I can remember so I don't think he would have caught it from a cut etc. We have one that explains the protein loss at least, but again whatever chronic condition he has could just be causing that. The other stuff we aren't sure on. The others that could explain his other symptoms don't really make sense based on his travel &/or medical history etc.

I'm hoping his protein levels are up when we do his bloodwork in a week or so, but I'm thinking we'll probably do the CT either way because he still isn't comfortable and his jaw is bothering him.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Could use some good thoughts for Willard today. He started having severe nose bleeds this weekend and has lost a lot of blood. He's at the vets getting a rhinoscopy to see if they can find what is causing the bleeds and to try and get them under control. We're not sure if he'll make it :(

·
Administrator
7,999 Posts
Poor boy, he's been through so much.
You'll be in my thoughts.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Thank you for the kind words. We decided to let him go this morning. He wasn't in good enough shape this morning for the Rhinoscopy and he had blood in lungs, urine and stool. The vet offered to do a transfusion but he was honest that he couldn't get the bleeding to stop so it would just buy him time. (Everything in his bloodwork showed that his blood should be clotting but it wasn't). We decided it was better to not make him suffer longer.

Fortunately, we were able to take the kids and dogs down to say our goodbyes. Probably the hardest thing I've ever done.

·
Administrator
7,999 Posts
I'm so sorry.
Doing what's right for them, is so painful for us.
Thank you for sharing Willard with the forum.
Deb

·
Registered
549 Posts
So very sorry for your loss. :( The best way to honour our pups, is knowing when it is time to let them go. My thoughts are with you and your family.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

·
Registered
139 Posts
My heart hurts for you today. I know there are no words, but I pray that the days only get easier and his memory can be celebrated among your family for years to come.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Sorry to hear about your boy. I still lament the passing of our two dogs last year. We waited for our Vizsla for a year and my husband and I, and our cat were all depressed during that time.

It's hard for a broken heart to mend. :-[

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Thank you for all the kind words. Fortunately, we still have our girls to keep us company and they've been extra cuddly whether it's because they need it or we do I'm not sure.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
This cutie would have been 9 today. We still miss him every day and some days are harder than others (such as today). When we went to pick him up he was the only puppy that wasn't interested in just playing with their siblings. He sat in my lap and cuddled. He was always our cuddle bug.

Attachments

·
Administrator
7,999 Posts
Happy 9th birthday Willard.
Even though you are no longer with us, you are not forgotten.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts