Hungarian Vizsla Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 7 month old V choked yesterday!!!!! I have never been so scared or felt so helpless in my life! We were playing out in the backyard I still don't know what she choked on...my guess would be a stick, but I am not sure. I saw her trying to vomit so I ran to her of course, I feel I need to comfort her when she is getting sick, then I noticed she was really struggling to breathe, I screamed for my husband he came running and we had no idea what to do, I checked her mouth and couldn't find anyting. She became extrmely limp and flopped on her side, rolled on her back and stopped breathing for about 10-20 seconds!!!! I picked her up (probably pretty roughly while on her back to run to the vehicle and get her to the emergency vet, while holding her she made a loud gasp noise and started to breathe, whatever it was had gotten dislodged and she was breathing again! That was so scary!!!! I now have researched the heimlich maneuver on dogs and found its the same as humans, good to know for future disasters!

·
Registered
299 Posts
So glad things worked out!! It's so scary when things like this happen. Sure hope your husband hugged both of you afterward.

·
Registered
129 Posts
This is exactly why I want to take a dog first aid class this summer. I would have frozen with fear and not known what to do either. Thank God your little girl is ok!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts