Hungarian Vizsla Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello im Paul, Rusty was a Birthday gift in ‘07 so I was very surprised and thrilled. I had told the family I was looking at Vizslas for my companion dog. The breeder they found only bred for hunters but Rusty was the runt of the litter and the only one left. They caved in to my sisters and let them have him. He immediately took to me as dad. He was an incredible family member and CLOSE companion every day since then. He was only 45 lbs at year one but filled out to 51 by age 3. Amazingly athletic, regal, and smart. Fast, very fast, even faster than my folks GSP at 2yo. A Natural pointer but in his early days chased squirrels and landed a paw on a couple. Later we were closer to the beach. Rusty would chase fish and was obsessed with hunting for shells in the water. He’s come up with some really nice conchs. He would stick his head under water and blow bubbles through his nose so water didn’t go up. I’ve never seen that before. There are so many more amazing personality traits I could list. Sadly I lost him 7/16/22 to a mass in the abdomen that I found too late. I miss him terribly.
I’ve thought for months about what I would do if I lost him. Wasn’t sure but now I’m absolutely getting another vizsla and hopefully one that looks just like him. I admit though, I’d forgotten what Vizsla puppyhood was like

Plant Dog Dog breed Working animal Carnivore

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
My absolute condolences.
It's hard, really hard, when they go.
They are so much a part of your life that you don't really realize the hole that is left when they're not there. The silence in the household can be deafening once their not there..
Find another puppy to fill the hole, but let them become their own "person", and not a 2nd Rusty, and they will fill in all of the holes.
You have a lot to offer a dog.

·
Administrator
9,323 Posts
What a pretty sugar face. These dogs have a way of weaving their way into our hearts, and every part of our lives. You have my sincere condolences on the loss of your beloved Rusty.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts