Hungarian Vizsla Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hiya guys, this is our new 8 week old Ruben, we've had him 2 days now and although like a small child hes so much fun and just the most beautiful thing to watch!!

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
Awwww... Ruben is just beautiful! And yes, living with a V is like living with a perpetual toddler. Well, of course, they do outgrow some of their puppy behaviors (like chewing) by the time they are two. But for the most part, they have that puppy mentality throughout their lives. Good luck raising Ruben -- he is really gorgeous!

·
Registered
794 Posts
Ruben is very cute :)! He has a nice head. Take lots of pictures, because it won't be long before you can't believe he was ever that small. Congrats & enjoy!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
cheers guys :) so proud of him! probably got about 100 pictures.... in two days!!
hes very mouthy at the minute, especially towards me, i'll have to work on that.
he's currently sleeping in his crate, when hes sleepy he comes up for a cuddle and to sleep on me, so i put him in his crate.... he comes back for a cuddle... after we've done this about 3 times he accepts and sleeps in his crate lol
he's so cuddly!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Ruben is adorable! We got our Lucy last Friday. I think we took over 100 pictures too! They are so much fun. For some reason she likes me as a chew toy more than anyone, including my husband. We are working on stopping that, along with her staying in her crate while we are away. She loves to sleep in the crate and at night is ok, till she has to potty. But, the leaving her when we go to work is tough. At least its only short stints, as I have a flexible schedule, but still see yelps loudly. Hope you are having as much fun with Ruben as we are with Lucy.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hollyandnick said:
Ruben is adorable! We got our Lucy last Friday. I think we took over 100 pictures too! They are so much fun. For some reason she likes me as a chew toy more than anyone, including my husband. We are working on stopping that, along with her staying in her crate while we are away. She loves to sleep in the crate and at night is ok, till she has to potty. But, the leaving her when we go to work is tough. At least its only short stints, as I have a flexible schedule, but still see yelps loudly. Hope you are having as much fun with Ruben as we are with Lucy.
do you spend more time with him? over the two day i've spent all day with him... and i'm the chew toy!! ::) sounds like ours are almost the same age :) magical isnt it! i've got two weeks off work so will be working on leaving him... he doesnt mind the crate but preferes the cuddle! hes upside down on my lap now ;D.... out of the 8 naps he's had today 2 have been cuddle ones... so i'm winning..... i think!!

i'm going to try leaving the room for 10 seconds when he gets nippy next... that my work, as pinning him to the floor doesnt, niether does saying NO... or my finger in his gob.... i guess its just puppy years!

i've seen your lucy thread, i think all V puppies are so beautiful!! not seen one i dont love yet!

and dont you love the smell of puppies??? i adore it!

·
Registered
71 Posts
andy198712 said:
hollyandnick said:
do you spend more time with him? over the two day i've spent all day with him... and i'm the chew toy!! ::) sounds like ours are almost the same age :) magical isnt it! i've got two weeks off work so will be working on leaving him... he doesnt mind the crate but preferes the cuddle! hes upside down on my lap now ;D.... out of the 8 naps he's had today 2 have been cuddle ones... so i'm winning..... i think!!

i'm going to try leaving the room for 10 seconds when he gets nippy next... that my work, as pinning him to the floor doesnt, niether does saying NO... or my finger in his gob.... i guess its just puppy years!

i've seen your lucy thread, i think all V puppies are so beautiful!! not seen one i dont love yet!

and dont you love the smell of puppies??? i adore it!

Oh my I spend alot of time with her. After my last time away today she kept following me around and would not leave. She slept at my feet till it was potty time or play time. Once in the morning and once at night she has some crazy puppy times. But, its cute. Each day she discovers something new. Today it was her toy box. I give her one new toy a day, besides the ones she got on Friday. Well she climbed in the bin this morning and tonight. Then she dumped it over and then pulled the whole thing closer to her doggie bed in the living room. She is nutso sometimes but we love her! Yes, puppy smell is so nice (except puppy poop.......pheweee!).

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
You know that part about your pup following you around? Well, get used to it! HA. HA!! Willie is about four, and he does that still. He is trained, however, to wait outside the bathroom when nature calls to Mom! Somehow, I just don't want him right in my face while I go pee!! Maybe it's just me...

But anyhow... you will have a shadow from here on out.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Cheers!
I'm so proud of him! He's getting better at night time, last night he only wanted to go out once at 4am, was 3/4 times the night before!
Had him vet checked and in a week he's put on about 1kg! That's a 5th of his weight, and I'm sure he's visibly grown in this few days we've had him!!
Been carrying him around untill his jabs are all done, and he's getting heavy on a few mile walk lol

·
Registered
599 Posts
You can carry him for a few miles at a time?! I'm amazed! Sounds like he is doing well though!

·
Registered
436 Posts
A suggestion for the human chew toy issue that worked for us was, whenever Holley would try to chew on myself or Dan I would immediately put a toy in her mouth. This took a bit of time as they are a mouthy breed to begin with but it seemed to work for us. We do still need to watch if she gets really excited while playing though because she will jump up and sometimes she gets one of us. I try to calm her down before she gets to that point when we are playing though.

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
I think they continue to be mouthy, but learn to be gentle. When I'm out walking through the yard, checking on flowers, etc., Willie will accompany me, and sometimes he takes my hand or wrist very gently in his mouth as we walk along. He just wants to "hold hands" I guess. He is always extremely gentle while doing this, so naturally, I think it's endearing! Also, his needle-sharp puppy teeth are long gone, and the adult teeth are not so sharp. Your Ruben is just so beautiful... he's a heartbreaker!

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
mswhipple said:
I think they continue to be mouthy, but learn to be gentle. When I'm out walking through the yard, checking on flowers, etc., Willie will accompany me, and sometimes he takes my hand or wrist very gently in his mouth as we walk along. He just wants to "hold hands" I guess. He is always extremely gentle while doing this, so naturally, I think it's endearing! Also, his needle-sharp puppy teeth are long gone, and the adult teeth are not so sharp. Your Ruben is just so beautiful... he's a heartbreaker!
Ozkar is 8 months old now and does a similiar thing. When we get out of bed in the morning, I will get up and put on my dressing gown and he will grab hold of my hand gently and "Guide" me out to the kitchen to make a coffee and some toast and then get him & Zsa Zsa breakfast. And yes...it's very cute! What I love, is when we are having a V cuddle, he will put his mouth up to my ear and put my ear lobe in his mouth and gently nibble on it. It never hurts, it just makes you giggle. I probably should stop it, but, I love it!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts