Hungarian Vizsla Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just found round worms in Sadie’s stool this morning. I looked at photos on the internet to make sure what I saw. She is 14 weeks old, was just at our vet this week for second round of shots, her last series of shots are scheduled in two weeks. I know the tested her stool on her first visit which was five weeks ago but I don’t think they did on this last visit. Other than not eating this morning she seems her normal loving playful self. I read on pet web md that this is common in puppies and they should be dewormed regularly. Should I take her to the emergency vet clinic today, or will tomorrow me ok? Please share any info you can. Our first puppy in 15 years, she is our baby!

·
Registered
347 Posts
Why wait? I think that you should call your vet and bring her in especially if she is not eating. Poor, innocent thing, please take precautions yourself. Please let us know when she is healed.

Sent from my LG-V520 using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
8,225 Posts
Unless she's feeling under the weather, or has lost a lot of weight, tomorrow is fine. It's very common for a puppy to get worms.
I have my vet check for worms at every puppy visit. I don't like to worm a puppy, unless there is a reason.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thank you, so much for caring and replying �� I tried to post a picture of my pretty Sadie but haven’t figured out how to do it from my iPad yet LOL.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Thanks Texasred, always great to hear from an expert! Please keep us informed on the progress of the puppy

·
Administrator
8,225 Posts
Thanks Texasred, always great to hear from an expert! Please keep us informed on the progress of the puppy

I wouldn't consider myself a expert, by any means. Just know it's normal for puppies to get worms. Not a emergency, just needs to be taken care of in a timely manner.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts