Hungarian Vizsla Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have been on this forum for a bit, but finally my first post!
-Rooney-4th Vizsla, first girl- coming up on her third birthday, smaller than I expected (45 lbs at the vet last week).
-Was fortunate to come across her via the Colorado/Wyoming Vizsla Rescue, just hours after being approved for an adoption! She was just shy of her 2nd birthday at the time.
-Rooney has the hunting drive for sure, and outside she's going nonstop. Got her into the field a few time for birds this past fall, and she loves the time out there, although need a bit of scent training.
-Inside she is a velcro dog, and is always by your side (unless the bedroom door is open and she can sneak under the covers.) Covid has made her a happy pooch!
-And can you say photogenic???

·
Administrator
8,031 Posts
She is very stunning.

·
Registered
91 Posts
This pic looks identical to my girl (45# also and out of this world drive outdoors also :). I wonder if yours is out of “Countryside Mae” (dam from Countryside Kennels; a large breeder near IL/IA border)? Mine’s relaxed face (less intense than her profile pic) is identical to your girl. The Countryside breeders state they like them small as they sometimes carry them (horseback) in the field. However, I’ve read that smaller bitches have earlier heats/litters so I’m suspicious they may also like a smaller bitches fecundity.(y)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This pic looks identical to my girl (45# also and out of this world drive outdoors also :). I wonder if yours is out of “Countryside Mae” (dam from Countryside Kennels; a large breeder near IL/IA border)? Mine’s relaxed face (less intense than her profile pic) is identical to your girl. The Countryside breeders state they like them small as they sometimes carry them (horseback) in the field. However, I’ve read that smaller bitches have earlier heats/litters so I’m suspicious they may also like a smaller bitches fecundity.(y)
Funny! She came from a Kansas breeder if I remember correctly, but didn't come with any paperwork.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts