Hungarian Vizsla Forums banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just wondering if anyone on here has a vizsla from rex spiess?
I know this is a very old thread, but I just came across this. I have a 14yr old male, Barron, that I got from Rex in 2007. He's been a pretty healthy dog other than the fact that he has pretty severe arthritis (manageable) & he is COVERED with non-cancerous tumors, cysts & skin tags that have gotten much worse with age. In Feb of last year he had a large, fast growing, non-cancerous growth the size of a grapefruit removed from the top of his scruff (neck). It was so scary to see him go under the knife at his age, but we have a great team of vets whom I trust implicitly. What has your experience been? Im thinking of going back for another once my Barron eventually passes away. This was by far the best dog I've ever owned. 1st Vizsla ever. My ex got a female from a breeder in OH about 6mos after I got mine & I swear mine was smarter & healthier.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Sorry all, one last post! If you are on Facebook, another owner of a Rex pup started a Facebook group for owners of Rex's vizslas so we can all share information and keep up with how our pups are doing. Feel free to request to join. It's called "Rex Spiess Vizsla Owners -Liberty Center Ohio."
Thank you for sharing the FB info. I just joined. Im so glad (& apprehensive) to know there is a group from my breeder joining together to support one another. I was beginning to do my research (thus how I ended up finding this thread) about other people's experiences with Rex because my guy is 14 at the end of the month. I'll be ready for a pup when he passes. I know it will help ease the pain. I cant bear the thought of him not being around, but I don't want to make a rash decision & go back to a breeder that is known for producing problematic lines

21 - 24 of 24 Posts