Hungarian Vizsla Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

Administrator
Discussion Starter #1
we've had "on point pics" so let's see your dogs retrieve pics :) I'll kick off with a couple, one of Ruby with a pheasant, one of Elvis with a partridge

Attachments

Administrator
I will have to take some more.
Shine runs straight to me with the bird. But then likes to prance circles around me, proudly showing it off. Its kinda of funny to watch, as I have to wait for the correct timing to snag her collar. Then rub, and praise her before taking the bird.
I don't ever reach for the bird first , with young dogs. Eventually there will be rules to the retrieve, but there is plenty of time for that.
She brought me a field mouse yesterday. Does that count?馃ぃ

Reactions: Gabica

Registered
IMO field mouse counts! Bende found a rabbit the other day and Miksa picked it up, prancing around with it and bringing it to me after figuring that Bende won`t take it from him. It was one of those days i did not have my phone with me, bummer, he looked adorable.

Administrator
Discussion Starter #4
I will have to take some more.
Shine runs straight to me with the bird. But then likes to prance circles around me, proudly showing it off. Its kinda of funny to watch, as I have to wait for the correct timing to snag her collar. Then rub, and praise her before taking the bird.
I don't ever reach for the bird first , with young dogs. Eventually there will be rules to the retrieve, but there is plenty of time for that.
She brought me a field mouse yesterday. Does that count?馃ぃ
we're in the "hunting "forum so I guess it does haha :)

Reactions: texasred

Administrator
Discussion Starter #5
Pheasants are probably my least favourite game bird, much prefer to be out on partridge or grouse, but it's easier to grab pics on pheasant, a couple more :)

Attachments

Administrator
Very short video of Shine with a quail.

Reactions: Gabica

Administrator
Discussion Starter #7
Reactions: texasred

Administrator
Discussion Starter #8
and a couple more, one of Elvis retrieving a very strong runner, he tracked it well over 100 yards through thick cover on Saturday just gone, The other of Ruby yesterday

Attachments

Administrator
20190201_135027.jpg

Rare sighting of June retrieving a quail today.

Reactions: Gabica and harrigab

Administrator
Discussion Starter #10
a couple from today :)

Attachments

Administrator
Love the pics.
Those birds look huge.

Administrator
Discussion Starter #12
Love the pics.
Those birds look huge.
not big enough the way the guns were shooting today, they couldn't hit a cow's arse with a shovel today haha :)

Reactions: einsp盲nner

Administrator
@harrigab
LMAO
We all have those kind of days.
Then we look at our gun, like there must be something wrong with it. LOL

Registered
'Tis the season to see them do what they they were bred to do over centuries...

Even if you aren't a hunter it's a reminder that they are best doing what they were intended to.

Administrator
Discussion Starter #15
I do wish Elvis wouldn't take on a barbed wire fence at the best of times, let alone with a **** bird in his mouth..

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts