Hungarian Vizsla Forums banner

Resource for Expectant Families with Dogs

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  jjohnson 
#1 ·
My apologies, I have absolutely nothing to do with website. Someone simply shared it on Facebook in a group and thought perhaps someone could benefit from it. I didn't even know it wasn't all free as I didn't investigate it. Sorry to offend anybody. I was only trying to help others.

Family Paws "provide specialized programs for new and expecting families with dogs. We offer a wide range of support to families, dog professionals and childbirth professionals to support success between babies, toddlers and family dogs.

Our goal is to increase the safety of children and the success of dogs in homes with children. We seek to decrease the number of dogs surrendered to shelters due to easily preventable behavioral problems and common conflicts."

http://familypaws.com/

#3 ·
#4 ·
Thank you! I also think this site is great; I have just been reading through the blog. There is some helpful info and interesting reading for those of us with toddlers and Vizslas.

One thing I would like to see (maybe it is on this website somewhere) is how to work with and teach toddlers to respect dogs' boundaries. Not so much dog training, but more "baby training". So far that is the part I am having trouble with... I try to tell her, for example "No, we don't pull doggies' ears", or "Gus is sleeping; we leave sleeping doggies alone", but at 16 months, she doesn't quite get it , and I am not sure the best way to get the message across at this age.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.