Hungarian Vizsla Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, we’ve had our vizsla for a while now, he’s 5 months old. Since he was a puppy we have fed him with dry kibble. As now he’s getting older we are considering the idea of frozen raw food. Does anyone have any recommendations and tips? I’m not sure but we would like to give him the raw food a few times a week and still give him kibble. Is that possible? Or once we start raw food he can’t eat dry? Or is it too late to start giving him raw food? Any help

·
Registered
257 Posts
Not to late for raw.
But I do not think switching It took a while for our male to like food every few days is a good idea. It takes a while for the stomach to adjust .
Maybe a mix of raw and kibble daily.

It took our male a while to 'like" raw but in the end it helped a lot with much firmer poo from him.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you, do you have any tips on what to give your dog like what combination of raw food ?

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
We are fairly new to raw, but once switched (over approximately 2.5 weeks period), we were not mixing with kibble anymore. Because of being new, I figured the best is to go with premade mixes instead of trying to get the ratios right. I think there are some groups in the UK which can help you as well with it (what is the most available option in your regions for premade raw), google BARF UK. Good luck with it, it has been much easier for us than i thought.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts